Professional Web Applications Themes

ANNC: Pen tool video tutorials - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi all-- I wanted to make a special announcement that Community MX has published a set of 5 video tutorials on using the Pen tool today. In these short tutorials you'll learn how to create the two basic kinds of anchor points used in vector drawings, how to use Bezier curves to define paths between points, how to use the Pen tool to modify existing shapes, and even how to mask the background of an image using the Pen tool. These tutorials are free. http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=A15CFD250F9D01EF -- Kim Cavanaugh author, Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks http://www.dw-fw-beginners.com ----- Extending Knowledge, Daily ...

  1. #1

    Default ANNC: Pen tool video tutorials

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh
    author, Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    http://www.dw-fw-beginners.com
    -----
    Extending Knowledge, Daily
    http://www.communityMX.com/
    -------
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Fireworks: http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Kim Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pen tool video tutorials

    Kim Cavanaugh wrote:
    || Hi all--
    || I wanted to make a special announcement that Community MX has
    || published a set of 5 video tutorials on using the Pen tool today. In
    these
    || short tutorials you'll learn how to create the two basic kinds of
    || anchor points used in vector drawings, how to use Bezier curves to define
    || paths between points, how to use the Pen tool to modify existing
    || shapes, and even how to mask the background of an image using the
    || Pen tool.
    || These tutorials are free.
    || http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=A15CFD250F9D01EF

    Top tut Kim, Thanks.

    If any of you are having problems with the pen tool in Fireworks you need
    this. believe me. I wish I'd seen it three years ago.

    Download it now, I'm sure you won't regret it. :)

    PJR
    the artist formaly known as Peter R.

    Peter Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: ANNC: Pen tool video tutorials

    Very nicely done, Kim.

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Linda Guest

  4. #4

    >"To view these movies offline, download the zipfile using the icon at the
    bottom of this page. Unzip the files to the location of your choice, and
    open up index.htm in your favorite browser. Approximate size of
    zipfile:4.3M"

    Am I just not seeing the download icon?

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Kim Cavanaugh" <com> wrote in message

    Sam Guest

  5. #5

    Sam Poikail wrote:
    || Am I just not seeing the download icon?

    It's at the bottom of all the pages after the intro / more -> page Sam.

    PJR
    Formally Peter R.

    PJR Guest

  6. #6

    Go to the original page, go to each of the individual pages, try "set for
    printing".... still don't see it. Obviously not enough coffee.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "PJR" <com> wrote in message

    Sam Guest

  7. #7

    I seem to be missing the download icon also. Great tutorial Kim, very nicely
    done and great audio!

    Bob

    Bob Guest

  8. #8

    Bob Boisvert wrote:
    || I seem to be missing the download icon also. Great tutorial Kim,
    || very nicely done and great audio!

    Ok I'm flumoxed. Are you members? Maybe the download is a members only
    thing. Apologies if it is and you're not. I'm sure a CMXer will be along
    shortly to make things clear.

    Peter

    PJR Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Bob (and Sam)--

    Thanks for the nice comments. Only subscribers are allowed to download
    files. You can still watch on line at any time you'd like, but we
    restrict downloads for off-line viewing to subscribers.

    Kim

  11. #11

    No problem..... that's apparently what it was.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Kim Cavanaugh" <com> wrote in message

    Sam Guest

  12. #12

    Thanks Kim, that answers that question. If business picks up a little more I
    may just join!

    Bob

  13. #13

    Kim...

    Excellent tutorial. MM should include it with FW.

    Thanks very much!

    Pat

    Pat Guest

  14. #14

    Kim,

    what does ANNC stand for? What is the extra C say exactly?

    Coen

    Kim Cavanaugh wrote:

    --

    Intensely,

    Coen Naninck

    "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    passion!"
    _______________________________

    E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    ================================

    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:

    *** FREESTYLERMX ***

    http://freestylermx.net

    *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***

    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks

    Coen Guest

  15. #15

    ANNounCement

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Coen Naninck" <net> wrote in message

    > --
    >

    > Intensely,
    >
    > Coen Naninck
    >

    > "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    > passion!"
    > _______________________________
    >
    > E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    > ================================
    >
    > Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:
    >
    > *** FREESTYLERMX ***
    >
    > http://freestylermx.net
    >

    > *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***
    >
    > http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks
    >

    >[/ref]

    Sam Guest

  16. #16

    Coen--

    I write it that way 'cause it took me about 6 months to finally ask
    someone who this ANN person was that people kept posting about. ANNC
    seems clearer to me. :-)

    Kim

  17. #17

    Kim Cavanaugh wrote:

    || These tutorials are free.
    || http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=A15CFD250F9D01EF

    Brilliant - now it makes much more sense, very nicely done - thanks!
    --
    Keep in touch with yourself !!

    Cheers
    Sinclair