Compress::Bzip2 2.08 has been released.
* built on top of bzip2 1.0.2
* extensive set of unit tests.
* a new file I/O interface with bzopen, bzread, bzwrite, bzclose, etc.
* a new stream interface.
* compatibility with Compress::Bzip2 1.03
* a Compress::Zlib clone interface, so that programs built for
Compress::Zlib should work with Compress::Bzip2 with no changes,
simply replace use Compress::Zlib; with use Compress::Bzip2
* includes bzip2 1.0.2 source code, so that it will build on systems
without bzip2 installed. The build process tests for the presence
of a useable installation of bzip2. If none is ...