Professional Web Applications Themes

Announcing OSXnews nntp client - Mac Applications & Software

Hi folks, at the beginning of summer i switched to mac but didnt find any decent nntp clients. So i wrote my own in object c and cocoa (from scratch). it is at osxnews.sourceforge.net please mail me your suggestions for features and i will add the ones i like. will post binaries and source by the end of the week(expectanother post ) -Anu...

  1. #1

    Default Announcing OSXnews nntp client

    Hi folks, at the beginning of summer i switched to mac but didnt find any decent nntp clients. So i wrote my own in object c and cocoa (from scratch). it is at osxnews.sourceforge.net please mail me your suggestions for features and i will add the ones i like. will post binaries and source by the end of the week(expectanother post ) -Anu

    Anurodh Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Announcing OSXnews nntp client

    In article <bko21c$scb$bu.edu>,
    Anurodh Pokharel <sourceforge.net> wrote:

    Is there a way to make the subject list and the message window be
    separate?

    --
    You are what you eat, therefore, I'm a vegetable! Cows and chickens
    and Pop Tarts are too.

  3. #3

    On 22 Sep 2003 23:56:58 GMT, Anurodh Pokharel <sourceforge.net> wrote:
    (snip)

    Hopefully you'll fix your line length problems?

    Dave Guest

  4. #4

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    net says...

    > Is there a way to make the subject list and the message window be
    > separate?[/ref]

    Oh please hell no don't do that. Having separate windows for the
    subject list and the message window is one of the things about existing
    Mac newsreaders that I hate. I'm glad to see someone is remedying that
    finally.
    Just Guest

  5. #5

    In article <MPG.19dadc16402de767989682news-server>,
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Just_Annutha_Dewd?= <josť> wrote:

    > > Is there a way to make the subject list and the message window be
    > > separate?[/ref]
    >
    > Oh please hell no don't do that. Having separate windows for the
    > subject list and the message window is one of the things about existing
    > Mac newsreaders that I hate. I'm glad to see someone is remedying that
    > finally.[/ref]

    That would be called an "option."
    Gregory Guest

  6. #6

    Anurodh Pokharel <sourceforge.net> wrote:

    decent nntp clients. So i wrote my own in object c and cocoa (from
    scratch). it is at osxnews.sourceforge.net please mail me your
    suggestions for features and i will add the ones i like. will post
    binaries and source by the end of the week(expectanother post ) -Anu

    Thread graphic display, if possible. Txs.
    MatFox Guest

  7. #7

    In article <MPG.19dadc16402de767989682news-server>,
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Just_Annutha_Dewd?= <josť> wrote:

    I agree on that. Why do some macprogrammers want to put that many
    windows on the screen, it makes it all chaotic.
    --

    gr,
    Antonio

  8. #8

    In article <bko21c$scb$bu.edu>,
    Anurodh Pokharel <sourceforge.net> wrote:

    Don't you have some testversion that gives an impresion?

    Features I would like:

    - brushed metallic look, I hate the default aqua.
    - option to read messages offline and keep old messages offline saved.
    - highlighting of threads in which I participate
    - useable with more than 1 newsserver
    --

    gr,
    Antonio

  9. #9

    In article
    <fu-berlin.de>,
    AnToNio <com> wrote:

    One more and in my eyes important, cursor control! I hate the way a lot
    of Macprograms work. I.m.o the best way is simple "ctrl" +cursor defines
    jumping complete words and the top-left / bottom right keys the start
    and ending of text.
    --

    gr,
    Antonio

  10. #10

    In article
    <fu-berlin.de>,
    AnToNio <com> wrote:

    > I agree on that. Why do some macprogrammers want to put that many
    > windows on the screen, it makes it all chaotic.[/ref]

    Eh, speak for youself. I use MT-Newswatcher, which does this, and I
    find it very easy to use, not chaotic in the least.

    --
    Tom "Tom" Harrington
    See http://www.atomicbird.com/

  11. #11

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:35:09 -0700, AnToNio wrote
    (in message <fu-berlin.de>):

    I presume you mean in "compose" mode. I can't think of an advantage of this
    type of cursor control when reading a message.

    I.m.o., cursor control -- in read mode -- should allow moving between
    messages; ie, Cmd-up [or dn] arrow moves between threads; left [or right]
    arrow moves between messages within a thread.

    --
    Dave C
    com

    DaveC Guest

  12. #12

    On the other hand, I much prefer it that way, so there you go! <g>

    keith whaley <== a real name, btw.

    Just Annutha Dewd wrote:

    > > Is there a way to make the subject list and the message window be
    > > separate?[/ref]
    >
    > Oh please hell no don't do that. Having separate windows for the
    > subject list and the message window is one of the things about existing
    > Mac newsreaders that I hate. I'm glad to see someone is remedying that
    > finally.[/ref]
    Keith Guest