Professional Web Applications Themes

another include file question - Macromedia Dreamweaver

A question about a navigation bar via an include file. I am not able to currently test the pages on a server just yet, therefore the preview in dreamweaver is not sufficient when linking to other files with the include file, so I was wondering: I have added typical effects to the nav bar, ie move mouse over it and it indents, click on it and it goes blue, etc. (This has been done using fireworks by the way.) So my question is, when you link to another page with the nav bar file included, by clicking on a navigation ...

  1. #1

    Default another include file question

    A question about a navigation bar via an include file. I am not able to currently test the pages on a server just yet, therefore the preview in dreamweaver is not sufficient when linking to other files with the include file, so I was wondering:

    I have added typical effects to the nav bar, ie move mouse over it and it indents, click on it and it goes blue, etc. (This has been done using fireworks by the way.)
    So my question is, when you link to another page with the nav bar file included, by clicking on a navigation button; is the navigation bar from the include file found in the new page, found to be either, "reset" or, carrying the caracteristic of the "button" clicked now being blue?

    bob62 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: another include file question

    "bob62" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > A question about a navigation bar via an include file. I am not able
    > to currently test the pages on a server just yet, therefore the
    > preview in dreamweaver is not sufficient when linking to other files
    > with the include file, so I was wondering:
    >
    > I have added typical effects to the nav bar, ie move mouse over it and
    > it indents, click on it and it goes blue, etc. (This has been done
    > using fireworks by the way.)
    > So my question is, when you link to another page with the nav bar file
    > included, by clicking on a navigation button; is the navigation bar
    > from the include file found in the new page, found to be either,
    > "reset" or, carrying the caracteristic of the "button" clicked now
    > being blue?

    It will be reset. Whenever you go to another page the original state of
    the navigation bar will be loaded into the page.

    osgood Guest

  3. #3

    in your include file put the code into a function - instead of just
    outputting the buttons check the parameters to find out which state they
    should be in.
    after including the file call the function with parameters for the button
    states.

    joe

    "osgood" <notavailablethisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > "bob62" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >
    > > A question about a navigation bar via an include file. I am not able
    > > to currently test the pages on a server just yet, therefore the
    > > preview in dreamweaver is not sufficient when linking to other files
    > > with the include file, so I was wondering:
    > >
    > > I have added typical effects to the nav bar, ie move mouse over it and
    > > it indents, click on it and it goes blue, etc. (This has been done
    > > using fireworks by the way.)
    > > So my question is, when you link to another page with the nav bar file
    > > included, by clicking on a navigation button; is the navigation bar
    > > from the include file found in the new page, found to be either,
    > > "reset" or, carrying the caracteristic of the "button" clicked now
    > > being blue?
    > >

    > It will be reset. Whenever you go to another page the original state of
    > the navigation bar will be loaded into the page.

    Joe {RoastHorse} Guest