Professional Web Applications Themes

another you tube enquiry! - Macromedia Flash Player

Ok, so for some reason i can't play you tube videos from teh youtube site anymore... if they are embed in another forum or myspace or anything like that then i can view the video. I have the latest flash player and also the latest javascrifpt, and it is turned on, all my browser cookies are enabled and so is javascript. Still not playing youtube videos from the site.... Can i get some help please?????? Doing my head in....

  1. #1

    Default another you tube enquiry!

    Ok, so for some reason i can't play you tube videos from teh youtube site
    anymore... if they are embed in another forum or myspace or anything like that
    then i can view the video.
    I have the latest flash player and also the latest javascrifpt, and it is
    turned on, all my browser cookies are enabled and so is javascript.
    Still not playing youtube videos from the site....
    Can i get some help please?????? Doing my head in.

    gootza Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: another you tube enquiry!

    If you are on IE then clear the cookies and restart your browser and it will go
    away. If you are in moz then restart the pc or kill all the firefox process
    through task manager and try again and you will see its fixed. Best of luck.

    CHAOS'|nc. Guest

  3. #3

    Hi gootza,

    Please send me a private message with your full name and contact info. After we discover what the issue is, we can submit the solution on this forum post.

    Darren Guest

  4. #4

    Have you got this issue solved yet if not Pm me up
    freshmus Guest

  5. #5

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash on vista home premium but cannot view
    flash content. when installed I could see the "movie" but youtube or any page
    that displays flash will not work.- Very frustrating please help. Thank you.

    xhtc Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: gootza
    Ok, so for some reason i can't play you tube videos from teh youtube site
    anymore... if they are embed in another forum or myspace or anything like that
    then i can view the video.
    I have the latest flash player and also the latest javascrifpt, and it is
    turned on, all my browser cookies are enabled and so is javascript.
    Still not playing youtube videos from the site....
    Can i get some help please?????? Doing my head in.[/q]

    Hi,

    For customer who are unable to view Flash videos at www.youtube.com but can
    view flash content on other sites, please try the following listed on the
    Google support site.

    1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to
    test.

    2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.

    3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows
    Media Player aren?t set as the default streaming application, as this might
    affect the video player.

    http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57669

    If you can't view Flash on any site please read the following:

    Check your Internet Explorer ActiveX settings

    Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system
    administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium:
    Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure
    that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and
    plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".

    To change your security level:

    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Select Custom Level.
    5. Find the section "ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
    6. Set ' Download Signed ActiveX Controls' to Prompt.
    7. Set 'Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins' to Prompt.

    If you are having trouble, make sure that your Internet Explorer security
    level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of
    ActiveX controls.

    Finally, it may be that you have incorrect permissions in the system registry:

    To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use
    Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Please download Microsoft?s tool to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system registry
    2. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop

    3. Close out all applications
    4. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys
    6. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest