Professional Web Applications Themes

Any difference between online web log ysis services and software? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

We have been using Deepmetrix here for 3 years. It is not expensive and we are very happy with it. "JoeStar" <com> wrote in message news:bgr3ek$p2u$macromedia.com...  management wants web log ysis. I've been looking at a number of online services and also log ysis software and have read what has been posted here.  going to also look at Deepmetrix (http://www.deepmetrix.com), Sawmill (http://www.sawmill.net/) and Webalizer (http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/)  http://counter.superstats.com/) , Onestat (http://www.onestat.com/) and Comscore (http://www.onestat.com/) , to name a few.  there any extra benefit to using an online service? ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Any difference between online web log ysis services and software?

    We have been using Deepmetrix here for 3 years. It is not expensive and we
    are very happy with it.

    "JoeStar" <com> wrote in message
    management wants web log ysis. I've been looking at a number of online
    services and also log ysis software and have read what has been posted
    here.
    going to also look at Deepmetrix (http://www.deepmetrix.com), Sawmill
    (http://www.sawmill.net/) and Webalizer (http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/)
    http://counter.superstats.com/) , Onestat (http://www.onestat.com/) and
    Comscore (http://www.onestat.com/) , to name a few.
    there any extra benefit to using an online service?

    Durwood Guest

  2. #2

    Peter,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out as well. Can you shed any light on what online services offer over software like clicktracks?

    JoeStar

    We are running a trial of this; http://www.clicktracks.com. In a word, this
    software rocks for real site ysis.

    Peter Ladka
    Author: ASP.NET For Web Designers
    ISBN: 073571262X

    JoeStar Guest

  3. #3

    We host our own machines and provide our own stats. We purchased
    DeepMetrix(previously live stats as you said) and have been sorely
    disappointed since.

    Peter

    Peter Guest

  5. #5

    I haven't experienced this on our setup. But we are just monitoring one
    server.

    Durwood
    "Peter L." <com> wrote in message

    Durwood Guest

  6. #6

    I believe it is Jag,
    That's why my hosting company changed to offering awstats instead of
    LiveStats / Deepmetrix.
    It was going to be too expensive to implement and they had heard that it was
    not as good as the original. I am quite happy with awstats as I said
    previously - though a few more reports would be helpful.

    Nadia
    : "FREE" & Commercial NavBar Menu Sets :
    http://www.perrelink.com.au/resources/
    :Design Templates:Nav Bars:Web Biz Tools:
    :Shopping Cart & Content Management System:

    "J.S. - UltraSuite" <magicfind.com> wrote in message
    be

    Nadia Guest

  7. #7

    > We host our own machines and provide our own stats. We purchased

    I used to be a big supporter of Live Stats many years back but it absolutely
    s now. As you or someone else mentioned, the Java applets are
    unbelievably slow and many of my favorite features have been removed from
    the software anyway.

    BTW, MaxASP seems to be using SurfStatsLive now.

    J.S. Guest

  8. #8

    Live Stats used to be a wonderful program. Perhaps, the best live stats
    package at one time. Now it absolutely s! I am going to check out
    awstats.

    "Nadia *TWB*" <com.au> wrote in message
    was

    J.S. Guest

  9. #9

    > We are running a trial of this; http://www.clicktracks.com. In a word,
    this

    Looks absolutely wonderful!

    J.S. Guest

  10. #10

    Dan,

    I thought of using webalizer (you can't fault "free") and trying to find something to provide the browser stats yesterday in our developers meeting so I'm glad you mentioned AW stats for the browser info. Management wants to try that before they decide to go for something like clicktracks, which looks pretty nice.

    Since I've had most of my experience in the design area previously, it's good to know I'm on the right track, thanks to all the kind help here.

    Thanks again,
    JoeStar

    "JoeStar" com wrote:

    Joe,

    I forgot to mention before, but this a better opportunity:
    You will probably need more than one yzer to get all the stuff you
    need. (I use three for the same site.)
    For browser breakdown, AW stats is the best I've seen. Webalizer's
    refering pages is better than AW stats', etc, etc.
    So, if you go for a commercial one, get the free ones, too.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    http://www.vendel.info

    JoeStar Guest