Professional Web Applications Themes

Any experience with BuyPC (pc-man or manpc.com) good or bad??? - Mac Portable

Hi all I am posting this message, as I just received an e-mail from a company called BuyPC at [url]www.manpc.com[/url]. Their e-mail as well as their web site states that I can buy 10 notebook computer for $5,000. If I understand right I can buy almost any brand including Compaq, Sony, Apple, Dell, Toshiba, or HP. They notebooks look to be new and top of the line. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, as this deal sounds to good to be true and as they say "if sounds to good to be true, than is mostly ...

  1. #1

    Default Any experience with BuyPC (pc-man or manpc.com) good or bad???

    Hi all

    I am posting this message, as I just received an e-mail from a company
    called BuyPC at [url]www.manpc.com[/url]. Their e-mail as well as their web site
    states that I can buy 10 notebook computer for $5,000. If I understand
    right I can buy almost any brand including Compaq, Sony, Apple, Dell,
    Toshiba, or HP. They notebooks look to be new and top of the line.

    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, as this
    deal sounds to good to be true and as they say "if sounds to good to
    be true, than is mostly likely is."

    Was thinking of course of buying 10 computers and keeping one for
    myself, while listing the rest for sale on eBay.

    Thanks in any advance for your suggestions and advice.
    M. Graham
    Michael Graham Guest

  2. #2

    In article <2dd16f1c.0309021226.5a39d35dposting.google.com >,
    [email]mgrahmtrib.com[/email] (Michael Graham) wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am posting this message, as I just received an e-mail from a company
    > called BuyPC at [url]www.manpc.com[/url]. Their e-mail as well as their web site
    > states that I can buy 10 notebook computer for $5,000. If I understand
    > right I can buy almost any brand including Compaq, Sony, Apple, Dell,
    > Toshiba, or HP. They notebooks look to be new and top of the line.
    New and top of the line for $400 each...yeah. Forget it.

    > Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, as this
    > deal sounds to good to be true and as they say "if sounds to good to
    > be true, than is mostly likely is."
    >
    > Was thinking of course of buying 10 computers and keeping one for
    > myself, while listing the rest for sale on eBay.
    One wonders why they haven't thought of doing just that
    themselves...Maybe because they would surely get more than $400 for each
    computer auctioned?

    > Thanks in any advance for your suggestions and advice.
    > M. Graham
    John Johnson Guest

  3. #3

    hi all again

    After doing a little more reading and research on their site here is
    hwat I found.

    They are a Russian Company
    Only accept credit cards from people or companies thay had delt with.
    Would require a payment via Western Union.
    Can buy as many of each model as you want.
    Are brand new units.
    Shipped for free.

    Not sure about customs for these computers. Also would have no
    reco such as a credit card charge back it there is a problem.

    It was too good to be true.
    M. Graham

    [email]mgrahmtrib.com[/email] (Michael Graham) wrote in message news:<2dd16f1c.0309021226.5a39d35dposting.google. com>...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am posting this message, as I just received an e-mail from a company
    > called BuyPC at [url]www.manpc.com[/url]. Their e-mail as well as their web site
    > states that I can buy 10 notebook computer for $5,000. If I understand
    > right I can buy almost any brand including Compaq, Sony, Apple, Dell,
    > Toshiba, or HP. They notebooks look to be new and top of the line.
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, as this
    > deal sounds to good to be true and as they say "if sounds to good to
    > be true, than is mostly likely is."
    >
    > Was thinking of course of buying 10 computers and keeping one for
    > myself, while listing the rest for sale on eBay.
    >
    > Thanks in any advance for your suggestions and advice.
    > M. Graham
    Michael Graham Guest

  4. #4

    "Michael Graham" <mgrahmtrib.com> wrote in message
    news:2dd16f1c.0309021226.5a39d35dposting.google.c om...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am posting this message, as I just received an e-mail from a company
    > called BuyPC at [url]www.manpc.com[/url]. Their e-mail as well as their web site
    > states that I can buy 10 notebook computer for $5,000. If I understand
    > right I can buy almost any brand including Compaq, Sony, Apple, Dell,
    > Toshiba, or HP. They notebooks look to be new and top of the line.
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, as this
    > deal sounds to good to be true and as they say "if sounds to good to
    > be true, than is mostly likely is."
    >
    > Was thinking of course of buying 10 computers and keeping one for
    > myself, while listing the rest for sale on eBay.
    >
    > Thanks in any advance for your suggestions and advice.
    > M. Graham

    Is this scam still doing the rounds? Last time it was a Bulgarian company.
    Cost price of these machines is HIGHER in Eastern Europe than the US. There
    is no way that they can offer these machines for those prices and make a
    profit. Common sense would tell you that. Do you think that Apple supply
    their Powerbooks at less than a third of the retail price to Russians?
    Prices of Apple computers are fixed worldwide and bargains do not exist,
    unless they are selling end of supeseded end of stock items, and not for
    such huge discounts, either.

    Rule of thumb, if you see Western Union as a method of payment, run away, do
    not walk. Escrow is NOT prohibited by Russian Law.

    rtt Guest

  5. #5

    Here is what I have found. There site [url]www.manpc.com[/url] has a link to a
    CNN article titled Russian Miracle
    [url]http://www.cnn.com&session=UYKTGIYTDLPK:UGUIUGUIGUI&date= 20&month=march&year=2003&storage=cnnarchive.bz/[/url]

    An article on CNN would make any one beleive the authenticity of these
    people.

    Note the "cnnarchive.bz" at the end of the URL of that link.
    Now check this link which has the same article.
    [url]http://www.cnnarchive.bz/[/url]

    Try replacing cnnarchive.bz/ with say / and you would be
    fwded to . Onlything that puzzles me is when u are fwded to
    the url changes to while with that article link,
    it remains the same.

    Neways, all this suggests this is a fraud. I have mailed CNN asking
    them the authenticity of this link. Lets see what do they reply.
    _V_
    Vinay Guest