Professional Web Applications Themes

Any GUI to import/export MySQL? - MySQL

Hi, I need to export a 200MB database from one domain to another. phpMyAdmin timeout after a while and is not ideal. I don't mind spending money if I have to but this is rather urgent. I only work on win32 machines but the servers are Unix machines. I don't have command line access to the servers. Do you guys know anything I could use? Many thanks Simon...

  1. #1

    Default Any GUI to import/export MySQL?

    Hi,

    I need to export a 200MB database from one domain to another.
    phpMyAdmin timeout after a while and is not ideal.

    I don't mind spending money if I have to but this is rather urgent.

    I only work on win32 machines but the servers are Unix machines.
    I don't have command line access to the servers.

    Do you guys know anything I could use?

    Many thanks

    Simon

    Simon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any GUI to import/export MySQL?

    Simon wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to export a 200MB database from one domain to another.
    > phpMyAdmin timeout after a while and is not ideal.
    >
    > I don't mind spending money if I have to but this is rather urgent.
    >
    > I only work on win32 machines but the servers are Unix machines.
    > I don't have command line access to the servers.
    >
    > Do you guys know anything I could use?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Simon

    Is MySQL on the remote system set up to accept connections from remote
    systems? If so, you can run the mysql command line on your system to
    dump and restore your databases.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Simon wrote:
    >>> I only work on win32 machines but the servers are Unix machines.
    >>> I don't have command line access to the servers.
    >>>
    >> Is MySQL on the remote system set up to accept connections from remote
    >> systems? If so, you can run the mysql command line on your system to dump
    >> and restore your databases.
    >>

    > I don't have command line access to the server.
    >
    > Simon

    He meant command line on your machine

    $ mysqldump -h remote_host_IP -u USER -pPASSWORD db_name > file.sql

    see the manual: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqldump.html[/url]

    ciao
    gmax

    --
    _ _ _ _
    (_|| | |(_|>< The Data Charmer

  5. #5

    Simon wrote:
    >>>I only work on win32 machines but the servers are Unix machines.
    >>>I don't have command line access to the servers.
    >>>

    >>Is MySQL on the remote system set up to accept connections from remote
    >>systems? If so, you can run the mysql command line on your system to dump
    >>and restore your databases.
    >>

    > I don't have command line access to the server.
    >
    > Simon

    No, if you have remote access to the server, you can run the commands on
    your command line.

    You don't need command line access at the server. See the mysql
    command. See
    [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/using-mysql-programs.html[/url]

    --
    ==================

  6. #6

    "Simon" <spambucketexample.com> wrote in message
    > I need to export a 200MB database from one domain to another.
    > phpMyAdmin timeout after a while and is not ideal.
    You could use SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE and create a CSV-formatted dump of
    each table. You have to do this one table at a time.

    Then move these dump files to your destination server and use LOAD DATA
    INFILE to import each table.

    See [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html[/url]

    You'll probably want to export the database structure (sans data) with
    phpMyAdmin and use that to restore the empty structure on the destination
    server before loading data.

    Regards,
    Bill K.

    Bill Karwin Guest

  7. #7

    > I need to export a 200MB database from one domain to another.
    > phpMyAdmin timeout after a while and is not ideal.
    >
    > I don't mind spending money if I have to but this is rather urgent.
    >
    > I only work on win32 machines but the servers are Unix machines.
    > I don't have command line access to the servers.
    >
    > Do you guys know anything I could use?
    Our tool Database Workbench has a nice DataPump tool for this,
    perhaps it could help.

    Download a copy at [url]http://www.upscene.com[/url]

    --
    Martijn Tonies
    Server

    Martijn Tonies Guest

  8. #8

    Simon wrote
    >I need to export a 200MB database from one domain to another.
    >phpMyAdmin timeout after a while and is not ideal.
    Provided you have remote access from your desktop you can use MySQL
    Administrator to backup your database and later restore it. The nice thing
    with MA is that you can selectively restore elements as it yzes the
    backup file and provides you with a list of found objects.

    MA works with version 4.x and newer (not 5.1 yet).

    Downloaded: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/administrator/1.1.html[/url].
    Product info: [url]http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/administrator/[/url]
    Online docs: [url]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/administrator/en/index.html[/url]

    Mike