Professional Web Applications Themes

Any rumors on when the next FH release is? - Macromedia Freehand

I wanted everything to be in sync before I upgraded to Studio 2004. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Any rumors on when the next FH release is?

    I wanted everything to be in sync before I upgraded to Studio 2004.

    Thanks!

    Michael Gould Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Any rumors on when the next FH release is?

    FH is always the odd one out.

    laihuattan webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re:Any rumors on when the next FH release is?

    I knew that much <GRRR>.

    Thanks!

    "laihuattan" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > FH is always the odd one out.

    Michael Gould Guest

  4. #4

    Shouldn't Macromedia first fix the bugs in FH 11a with another update for the people who spent money
    on this version of the program before they release a new version for us to buy?

    mike2511 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Yes Macromedia are releasing too many updates and expecting us to buy them
    which is exactly what we are doing. If we didnt buy them they wouldnt be
    able to charge for them.

    Releasing Freehand 11 with very littel change from Freehand 9 is a case in
    point - theres no way anyone would actually buy Freehand 11 out of choice
    which is why it is bundled with other software. Personally I think they
    should just dump Freehand entirely and stick with their other programs which
    are actually quite good. Freehand is completely unintuitive and a right pain
    to figure out. They should adapr Fireworks to include all the reasonable
    Freehand stuff (like prespective grids and text) and then get rid of the
    blooming thing for good.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stutt
    Web Site Architect

    Email [email]nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk[/email]
    Website [url]http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/[/url]

    "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."
    "mike2511" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Shouldn't Macromedia first fix the bugs in FH 11a with another update for
    the people who spent money
    > on this version of the program before they release a new version for us
    to buy?

    Nats Guest

  6. #6

    ....and I guess we should publish everything on the WEB while we're at it and
    maybe move all print designers to that new Mars base thats going to get
    built soon.

    mg

    "Nats" <nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Yes Macromedia are releasing too many updates and expecting us to buy them
    > which is exactly what we are doing. If we didnt buy them they wouldnt be
    > able to charge for them.
    >
    > Releasing Freehand 11 with very littel change from Freehand 9 is a case in
    > point - theres no way anyone would actually buy Freehand 11 out of choice
    > which is why it is bundled with other software. Personally I think they
    > should just dump Freehand entirely and stick with their other programs
    which
    > are actually quite good. Freehand is completely unintuitive and a right
    pain
    > to figure out. They should adapr Fireworks to include all the reasonable
    > Freehand stuff (like prespective grids and text) and then get rid of the
    > blooming thing for good.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Nigel Stutt
    > Web Site Architect
    >
    > Email [email]nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk[/email]
    > Website [url]http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/[/url]
    >
    > "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."
    > "mike2511" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Shouldn't Macromedia first fix the bugs in FH 11a with another update
    for
    > the people who spent money
    > > on this version of the program before they release a new version for us
    > to buy?

    Martin Gamache Guest

  7. #7

    Mike2511,

    I agree with you. I have paid for both FH10 and FHMX and I am still not satisfied with the product. I have to admit that FXMa is a vast improvement, but I will like the font display issue, the redraw speed of doents with complex paths and the constant quitting fixed immediately. That's my 2

    Regards
    David

    davecc webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    > Shouldn't Macromedia first fix the bugs in FH 11a with another update for
    the people who spent money
    > on this version of the program before they release a new version for us
    to buy?

    I'm still waiting for the bug fix for FH10.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  9. #9

    If I was doing print design work I certainly wouldnt be using Freehand, I'd
    almost certainly be using Illustrator and Photoshop. Luckily I'm not doing
    print work :-) Mind you I still hate Freehand. The other products are great
    but Freehand is a dog.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stutt
    Web Site Architect

    Email [email]nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk[/email]
    Website [url]http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/[/url]

    "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."
    "Martin Gamache" <alpinemappingguildearthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:g2XRb.606$jH6.383newsread1.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
    > ...and I guess we should publish everything on the WEB while we're at it
    and
    > maybe move all print designers to that new Mars base thats going to get
    > built soon.
    >
    > mg
    >

    > "Nats" <nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Yes Macromedia are releasing too many updates and expecting us to buy
    them
    > > which is exactly what we are doing. If we didnt buy them they wouldnt be
    > > able to charge for them.
    > >
    > > Releasing Freehand 11 with very littel change from Freehand 9 is a case
    in
    > > point - theres no way anyone would actually buy Freehand 11 out of
    choice
    > > which is why it is bundled with other software. Personally I think they
    > > should just dump Freehand entirely and stick with their other programs
    > which
    > > are actually quite good. Freehand is completely unintuitive and a right
    > pain
    > > to figure out. They should adapr Fireworks to include all the reasonable
    > > Freehand stuff (like prespective grids and text) and then get rid of the
    > > blooming thing for good.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Nigel Stutt
    > > Web Site Architect
    > >
    > > Email [email]nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk[/email]
    > > Website [url]http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/[/url]
    > >
    > > "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."
    > > "mike2511" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > > Shouldn't Macromedia first fix the bugs in FH 11a with another update
    > for
    > > the people who spent money
    > > > on this version of the program before they release a new version for
    us
    > > to buy?

    Nats Guest