Professional Web Applications Themes

Any Suggestions? - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hi, I have a logo, and I just cropped an image. Next, i put the image i cropped on top of the logo. But what i want is the cropped image to be behind the logo. The logo has turntables and like a club in the background, then on top of that it has a blue background but you can still see the turntables and club. I want my cropped image to go behind the blue background with the rest of the club and turn tables. Any ideas on how this would be done? Also, both images are JPEG's there ...

  1. #1

    Default Any Suggestions?

    Hi, I have a logo, and I just cropped an image. Next, i put the image i cropped on top of the logo. But what i want is the cropped image to be behind the logo. The logo has turntables and like a club in the background, then on top of that it has a blue background but you can still see the turntables and club. I want my cropped image to go behind the blue background with the rest of the club and turn tables. Any ideas on how this would be done? Also, both images are JPEG's there not .psd

    Any help is appreciated
    Hello123 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any Suggestions?

    First:
    Is this going to be for print or on Screen?

    If for print JPG is no good.

    Second:
    Do you want to keep the blue background on the logo?

    If not select the blue background (with the pen tool) and apply a mask to that layer.
    Ed A. Ortiz Guest

  3. #3

    Well, do you want that blue background?

    If not, select the pen tool in your tools palatte.

    Trace the logo (you'll get a path around the logo).

    Adjust the path where needed by pulling on the handle bars (I Forget their names) with the derect select tool (white arrow in the tools palette). You can hold "Alt" if you want to move just one side of the handle bar.

    With the path component tool (black arrow behind the white arrow), select the entire path and right click.

    Select "make selection", and in the diolog box type in .3 pixels.

    Go to the bottom of the layers palette and click on the second box from the left. Looks like a box with a circle in the middle.

    Hope this works for you.

    PS: If the node doesn't have handle bars, click and hold down the mouse button on the pen tool. Select the "V" looking tool and click and drag away from the node.
    Ed A. Ortiz Guest

  4. #4

    Look in Photoshop Help under the Search option for "Paths" if you need more help on how to use paths to make a selection on what Ed is referring to.
    Barbara Felix Guest

  5. #5

    Well it's not really a blue background. It's like there is a blue transparent layer on top of the turntables and club scene. And i want the cropped image to be behind this blue layer.

    I really appreciate your help
    Hello123 Guest

  6. #6

    With the above being said, does anyone know what to do now?
    Hello123 Guest

  7. #7

    Drag the blue layer in the layers tool bar under the other layers.

    Carl B. Johnson Guest

  8. #8

    It's a JPEG, Not a .psd. And i'm not certain it's a layer, It just looks like one thing is behind the other.
    Hello123 Guest

  9. #9

    > It's a JPEG, Not a .psd. And i'm not certain it's a layer, It just looks like one thing is behind the other.

    Save it as a PSD or TIFF (if you have PS7) and see if you can create
    layers of the objects. You should always work in Tiff or PSD anyway to
    prevent loss of image quality upon saving.

    Carl B. Johnson Guest