Professional Web Applications Themes

Any Toast 6 impressions? - Mac Applications & Software

I'm particularly curious whether it's a viable alternative to iDVD for simple DVD creation -- e.g., what sort of menus can you create, does it respect the iMovie chapter designations, etc. I'd like to get a DVD burner, but seeing as how I have a Windows machine (need it for wife's work) and a Mac, I'd like to get an external version with DVD-R/RW and +R/RW support that I can shuttle between the machines. - geoff -- Visit http://PostingUp.net All college basketball, no Andy Katz...

  1. #1

    Default Any Toast 6 impressions?

    --
    Visit http://PostingUp.net
    All college basketball, no Andy Katz
    Geoffrey Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any Toast 6 impressions?

    Sorry, I don't do impressions.
    --
    D.F. Manno
    net

  3. #3

    In article <news.rcn.net>,
    Geoffrey F. Green <com> wrote:

    It creates simple menus with up to three buttons on each. You specify
    each button's label and you can select the frame to show as the button
    picture. It does chaptering, but I don't know if it respects the
    markers set by iMovie as I haven't fed it one of those yet.

    I wouldn't consider it an "alternative," though. If you have a
    SuperDrive, iDVD gives you more flexibility and features. If you don't
    have a SuperDrive, then iDVD isn't even in the picture and Toast 6 is a
    big winner.

    --
    Spenser
    sbt Guest

  4. #4

    In article <supernews.com>,
    "D.F. Manno" <net> wrote:

    Yes, you do. Oh, wait. You actually ARE an ashole! Never mind.

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  5. #5

    Enough <com> wrote:

    > Yes, you do. Oh, wait. You actually ARE an ashole! Never mind.[/ref]

    Oh, come on! That was a really funny line!

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  6. #6

    Geoffrey F. Green:

    *****

    I haven't been able to find an upgrade price. And it seems that the download
    version is more costly than the box version. I'll be delighted if someone
    points me to what I missed on the Roxio web site.

    Davoud

    Davoud Guest

  7. #7

    In article <1g0pcvf.qkdvelgf0knsN%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > > Yes, you do. Oh, wait. You actually ARE an ashole! Never mind.[/ref]
    >
    > Oh, come on! That was a really funny line![/ref]

    For him, yes! In any absolute sense ....

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  8. #8

    In article <com>,
    "Davoud" <net> wrote:

    There is no upgrade price. Previous owners of Toast 5 Ti (I don't recall
    if Toast 4 Deluxe was eligible) can mail in a copy of their CD or the
    title page of the manual with a coupon found in the box for a $20 rebate.

    The download price is $10 less than the boxed price (plus you don't pay
    shipping from Roxio). I don't recall if downloaded copies are eligible
    for the $20 rebate, but I think they are. It was all linked from the
    main Toast 6 page.

    --
    Chicago, IL
    Remove "GO" to reply.

  9. #9

    In article <N5l5b.3379$tampabay.rr.com>,
    Enough <com> wrote:

    > Yes, you do. Oh, wait. You actually ARE an ashole! Never mind.[/ref]

    You need to take out a loan and buy a sense of humor.

    And a spellchecker.

  10. #10

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:26:21 GMT, Enough <com> wrote:

    Ahhh, new newsreader tool, new killfile. Gosh, what I've been missing.

    Dave Guest

  11. #11

    In article <1g0pcvf.qkdvelgf0knsN%invalid>, Mike
    Rosenberg <invalid> wrote:

    > > Yes, you do. Oh, wait. You actually ARE an ashole! Never mind.[/ref]
    >
    > Oh, come on! That was a really funny line![/ref]

    He's just jealous he didn't come up with it. Although his version
    would have been :"Sorry, I don't do impressions, ."

    When replying by e-mail, use plain text ONLY to make sure I read it.
    Due to spam and viruses, I filter all mail with HTML or attachments.
    Jerry Guest

  12. #12

    In article <030920030954191916%invalid>,
    Jerry Kindall <invalid> wrote:

    > > Oh, come on! That was a really funny line![/ref]
    >
    > He's just jealous he didn't come up with it. Although his version
    > would have been :"Sorry, I don't do impressions, ."[/ref]

    Now y is someone who does a mean . Hope he's only playing one
    on the 'net!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  13. #13

    In article <news.rcn.net>,
    Phil Lefebvre <edu> wrote:

    Download copies are not eligible; you need to send in part of the
    actual box to receive the rebate.

    According to MacNN, on Friday or Saturday (not sure which) they're
    offering a sale of sorts, and the downloadable version will be $79.

    Also note that there is a 30-day MBG, so you can get it and try it out.

    - geoff

  14. #14

    In article <news.rcn.net>,
    "Geoffrey F. Green" <com> wrote:

    > Download copies are not eligible; you need to send in part of the
    > actual box to receive the rebate.
    >
    > According to MacNN, on Friday or Saturday (not sure which) they're
    > offering a sale of sorts, and the downloadable version will be $79.[/ref]

    So for a day there will be no incentive to upgrade rather than buy a
    whole new license?

    Gregory Guest

  15. #15

    In article <attbi.com>,
    Gregory Weston <com> wrote:

    There's no "upgrade" version per se; even if you buy the box and send
    in the rebate, you still have a new license, and you can do with your
    copy of Toast 5 what you wish.

    - geoff

  16. #16

    In article <news.rcn.net>,
    "Geoffrey F. Green" <com> wrote:

    > There's no "upgrade" version per se; even if you buy the box and send
    > in the rebate, you still have a new license, and you can do with your
    > copy of Toast 5 what you wish.[/ref]

    I haven't yet seen the coupon. Since the rebate is contingent on proof
    of prior ownership I assumed issuance of the rebate would've carried a
    modification to note that this was a renewed license rather than a new
    one. Kinda-sorta like how Apple makes a family pack of OS X by adding a
    sticker to the box and a new sheet of paper amending the single-user
    license to allow four additional local copies.

    Gregory Guest

  17. #17

    In article <news.rcn.net>,
    Phil Lefebvre <edu> wrote:

    And....you can buy it for $79.95 at MacConnection (or elsewhere) and
    then still get the $20 rebate.
    Vincent Guest