Professional Web Applications Themes

anybody heard of handsfree for indesign? - Macromedia Freehand

There was a post earlier with this comment: "What you need is the HandsFree Plugin which enables InDesign to achieve everything freehand is capable of plus the extra's your already aware of. In the earlier versions i myself possessed a copy of both InDesign and Freehand, but in the new version the facility is there for this plugin which then nullified my need for Freehand." Almost unbelievable. (Try searching for it on google and all you get is mobile phone sites, of course) Geth...

  1. #1

    Default anybody heard of handsfree for indesign?

    There was a post earlier with this comment:
    "What you need is the HandsFree Plugin which enables InDesign to achieve
    everything freehand is capable of plus the extra's your already aware of. In
    the earlier versions i myself possessed a copy of both InDesign and
    Freehand, but in the new version the facility is there for this plugin which
    then nullified my need for Freehand."

    Almost unbelievable.
    (Try searching for it on google and all you get is mobile phone sites, of
    course)

    Geth

    Getho Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: anybody heard of handsfree for indesign?

    Getho wrote:
    > There was a post earlier with this comment:
    > "What you need is the HandsFree Plugin which enables InDesign to achieve
    > everything freehand is capable of plus the extra's your already aware of. In
    > the earlier versions i myself possessed a copy of both InDesign and
    > Freehand, but in the new version the facility is there for this plugin which
    > then nullified my need for Freehand."
    >
    > Almost unbelievable.
    I think you've accidentally installed the Gullible(tm) plugin.

    G.Force Guest

  3. #3

    > There was a post earlier with this comment:
    > "What you need is the HandsFree Plugin which enables InDesign to achieve
    > everything freehand is capable of plus the extra's your already aware of.
    In
    > the earlier versions i myself possessed a copy of both InDesign and
    > Freehand, but in the new version the facility is there for this plugin
    which
    > then nullified my need for Freehand."
    >
    > Almost unbelievable.
    > (Try searching for it on google and all you get is mobile phone sites, of
    > course)
    >
    > Geth

    Yeah, i've heard of it. Had a copy once but my mac crashed and all was lost.
    I'd totally forgot about it. Can't remember where i got it - think it was on
    a cd i got of someone full of plugin's + extra's.
    It does enable much more but i was never a big fan of InDesign anyway so
    don't think i'll bother trying to get hold of it again.

    TC Karl

    Karl Guest

  4. #4

    So who would you rather believe? Google, or PerciKarl?

    I doubt we'll see a post from him again after your excellent e-sleuthing.
    I just wonder what his motivation was for trying to BS the forum like
    that. Must not have enough clients to keep him busy.

    --
    Bill
    FHMX/Win98/Athlon2500+/512M

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:20:34 +0000 (UTC), Tom G. <tomhatxor.cc> wrote:
    > "Getho" <gethinchotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    > OK, that was weird. I replied to "anybody heard of" and it got threaded
    > under Test. I'll try again!
    >
    >> Almost unbelievable.
    >> (Try searching for it on google and all you get is mobile phone sites,
    >> of course)
    >
    > I think this is a big giant troll job.
    >
    > Note that Percival Pim is posting from:
    >
    > -------
    > -------
    >
    > And note that "Karl" who replied to you saying he'd heard of it is
    > posting from the exact same IP and uses the exact same newsreader:
    >
    > -------
    > -------
    >
    > I smell a rat!

    Bill Guest

  5. #5

    Tom G. wrote:

    > I think this is a big giant troll job.
    A troll it is for sure. It was not even subtle, I mean... FreeHand /
    HandsFree ? Geez, who does this guy think he's fooling?

    Let's also not forget that FreeHand's competition in the Adobe lineup is
    not InDesign but Illustrator. ID and FH are different kinds of
    applications with different purposes and InDesign cannot replace
    FreeHand (or Illustrator for that matter), imaginary plugin or not...
    ;-) FreeHand may have multiple pages but it's not a DTP application.
    InDesign may have vector drawing tools but it's not a dedicated
    illustration application either.

    Stéphane Bergeron.
    Stéphane Bergeron Guest

  6. #6

    Actualy a relief in a way - otherwise a year spent learning fh/illustrator
    would've been a waste of time.

    I thought the HandsFree might have been a marketing idea play on freehand,
    and it didn't occur to me that someone would be making it up:
    "making it up, making it up? Why would I want to make it up? Lifes bad
    enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it"
    - Marvin the paranoid android.

    Geth

    "Stéphane Bergeron" <listswebfocusdesign.com> wrote in message
    > Tom G. wrote:
    > >
    > > I think this is a big giant troll job.
    >
    > A troll it is for sure. It was not even subtle, I mean... FreeHand /
    > HandsFree ? Geez, who does this guy think he's fooling?
    >
    > Let's also not forget that FreeHand's competition in the Adobe lineup is
    > not InDesign but Illustrator. ID and FH are different kinds of
    > applications with different purposes and InDesign cannot replace
    > FreeHand (or Illustrator for that matter), imaginary plugin or not...
    > ;-) FreeHand may have multiple pages but it's not a DTP application.
    > InDesign may have vector drawing tools but it's not a dedicated
    > illustration application either.
    >
    > Stéphane Bergeron.

    Getho Guest