Professional Web Applications Themes

Anyone have a vector paisly I can use? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I am trying to make my wedding invitations. I want to print a sort of paisly pattern super lightly on vellum, and am looking for some sort of pattern with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? TIA Dean...

  1. #1

    Default Anyone have a vector paisly I can use?

    I am trying to make my wedding invitations. I want to print a sort of paisly pattern super lightly on vellum, and am looking for some sort of pattern with no luck.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    TIA

    Dean
    Dean Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Anyone have a vector paisly I can use?

    Hmm...trace your own? I know, not necessarily a palatable idea, but it's a workable one.
    Phosphor Guest

  3. #3

    Come on guys, let's have a Paisley competition for Dean's wedding invitations!
    Bert Guest

  4. #4

    Dean, what is the name of the rose?
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    There is a paisley dingbat font at <http://www.myfonts.com:8080/fonts/robyn/paisley/>
    richard_s_hards@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Dean, what is the name of the rose?

    Dean?
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    The Deanheart collection, basics and patterns, all in AI10 ready to email. In the twosome you can cut connect the hearts through the & in Rose & Dean (the name of the rose); in the foursome the names can be placed upper left and lower right so the connecting lines form the +.

    <http://www.bugge.com/Family-and-friends/Illy/Images/deanheart.gif>
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Dean:

    Here is my entry. If you want the ai file to modify I will make a link. http://medix.marshall.edu/~fish/Illustrator/Paisley.gif</ a>

    steve

    EDIT- the GIF doesn't look so hot <http://medix.marshall.edu/~fish/Illustrator/Paisley.gif>
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    That's not so bad, Stephen, even in GIF format.

    I've seen much worse, that's for sure. As we all have.
    Phosphor Guest

  10. #10

    And sorry for offending anyone, but those line drawings Jacob posted are butt-fugly, IMO.
    Phosphor Guest

  11. #11

    Dean:

    A free Paisley font:

    <http://www.houseoflime.com/dings/paisley.htm>

    Bert
    Bert Guest

  12. #12

    Wow, Bert...I completely forgot about House of Lime.

    It's one heck of a cool repository. I suggest everyone dig through it.
    Phosphor Guest

  13. #13

    OK, so this is not a competition of O/Ps web sites. Where is the House of Hards, House of Phosphorescence, and (I am looking forward to this one) House of Bert paisley contributions. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Don't feel like it. Sorry, and no offense.
    Phosphor Guest

  15. #15

    If you want to look at some very nifty designs, look at this page-

    <http://www.skeldalehouse.com/paisley_passion/paisley.html>

    steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Paisley is not broderie anglaise,
    Paisley is not broderie anglaise,
    Paisley is not broderie anglaise,

    but the latter may be good for super light patterns.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Steve:

    Just as soon as I get some time...

    Bert
    Bert Guest

  18. #18

    Jacob"

    Of course Paisley is not English embroidery, but the designs on the site are beautiful. If you want to be a purist, look at the early Indian art "nouveau". Nifty floral designs with the paramecium-like fertility symbol. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Paisley makes me physically ill. Please stop it, all of you.

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    =-= Harron =-=
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Steve,

    Of course Paisley is not English embroidery, but the designs on the site are beautiful. If you want to be a purist, look at the early Indian art "nouveau". Nifty floral designs with the paramecium-like fertility symbol.

    Which site is that? I tried to google Indian art nouveau.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast