Professional Web Applications Themes

Apple Fan: Rush - Mac Applications & Software

Rush Limbaugh speaks highly of Apple products at: [url]http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushlimb.download.akamai.com/5020/clips/[/url] 03/06/062703_15_vince.asx (Windows Media Player file). "...the stuff's amazing. It's, so, so, so superior, it's not even close."...

  1. #1

    Default Apple Fan: Rush

    Rush Limbaugh speaks highly of Apple products at:

    [url]http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushlimb.download.akamai.com/5020/clips/[/url]
    03/06/062703_15_vince.asx

    (Windows Media Player file).

    "...the stuff's amazing. It's, so, so, so superior, it's not even close."
    Vik Rubenfeld Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Apple Fan: Rush

    In article <vikr-D1E6C6.10303328062003nntp.mindspring.com>, Vik
    Rubenfeld <vikrmindspring.com> wrote:
    > Rush Limbaugh speaks highly of Apple products at:
    Yeah, but I had to laugh when he attributed Apple's low market share
    the "political views of its corporate leadership and board." No doubt,
    people are failing to buy more Apple products because they do not like
    these "political views." What a wit!
    jemmy ducks Guest

  3. #3

    Vik Rubenfeld:
    > Rush Limbaugh speaks highly of...
    *****

    He's a long-time Mac fan. It amazes me beyond words that that Nazi hate
    merchant and I have even one thing in common.

    Davoud

    --
    usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
    Davoud Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    D.F. Manno Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. #5

    Vik Rubenfeld <vikrmindspring.com> wrote:
    > Rush Limbaugh speaks highly of Apple products at:

    Yeah, but I keep buying Apple products anyway. Not every Mac owner can
    have a mind.
    Strider Guest

  6. #6

    In article <1b82e2d6.0306281928.63ea91f4posting.google.com >,
    [email]shidoshimorningmayo.com[/email] (shidoshi) wrote:
    > Davoud <starsky.net> wrote in message
    > > He's a long-time Mac fan. It amazes me beyond words that that Nazi hate
    > > merchant and I have even one thing in common.
    >
    > And what does it say about you when you feel fine calling a human
    > being a "Nazi" when you've never met the person and probably don't
    > have an actual, accurate understanding of the person?
    Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    instead of having an informed opinion. If Apple would only latch on to
    this ideal advertising opportunity (Rush's show), they would probably
    gain a lot more Switchers and people buying their first computer. They
    still get a lot of free advertising through Rush, though, because he
    raves about Mac often.
    nosredna Guest

  7. #7

    Davoud:
    > > > He's a long-time Mac fan. It amazes me beyond words that that Nazi hate
    > > > merchant and I have even one thing in common.
    shidoshi:
    > >...when you've never met the person and probably don't
    > > have an actual, accurate understanding of the person?
    nosredna:
    > Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    > instead of having an informed opinion. If Apple would only latch on to
    > this ideal advertising opportunity (Rush's show), they would probably
    > gain a lot more Switchers and people buying their first computer. They
    > still get a lot of free advertising through Rush, though, because he
    > raves about Mac often.
    *****

    Oh, my opinion of Rush is quite well informed. He is a Nazi hate
    merchant. No chance Apple will give its hard-earned dollars to
    advertise on his side show. If they did, they'd never get another one
    of those dollars from this owner of six Macs!

    Davoud

    --
    usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
    Davoud Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Michael Rice Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    nosredna Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. #10

    On 6/29/2003 4:21 PM, Davoud wrote:
    > Davoud:

    > shidoshi:
    >
    >>>...when you've never met the person and probably don't
    >>>have an actual, accurate understanding of the person?
    >

    > nosredna:
    >
    >>Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    >>instead of having an informed opinion. If Apple would only latch on to
    >>this ideal advertising opportunity (Rush's show), they would probably
    >>gain a lot more Switchers and people buying their first computer. They
    >>still get a lot of free advertising through Rush, though, because he
    >>raves about Mac often.
    >

    > *****
    >
    > Oh, my opinion of Rush is quite well informed. He is a Nazi hate
    > merchant. No chance Apple will give its hard-earned dollars to
    > advertise on his side show. If they did, they'd never get another one
    > of those dollars from this owner of six Macs!

    And you know this how - from your consultations with Apple Marketing?
    You seem to have a distorted view of what's important to a corporation
    and its marketing department. I'd bet that something like "sell as much
    to as many people as possible, whoever and wherever they may be" is
    pretty high on the agenda. If it's not, then Apple's not meeting their
    responsibilities to their stockholders.

    So you're saying that you use Macs because of where Apple chooses *not*
    to advertise and that if there was an Apple ad on Rush's show you'd
    switch to a different platform and OS? What if the connection to Apple
    was less direct, if for example MacConnection, MacMall, or your local
    Apple-authorized Mac store started advertising on Rush's show, or if
    MacResource.com accepted advertising from Rush's show? Would you still
    switch?

    Michael Rice Guest

  11. #11

    In article <nosredna-D71AE0.16393229062003news.fu-berlin.de>,
    nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    > Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    > instead of having an informed opinion.
    I dunno, I just saw him on the Drew Carey show, and I gotta say, he
    looked pretty much like a wet rag. No wonder he sticks to radio.
    bearclaw@cruller.invalid Guest

  12. #12

    In article <bearclaw-CB21FA.17500629062003corp.supernews.com>,
    [email]bearclawcruller.inva[/email]lid wrote:
    > In article <nosredna-D71AE0.16393229062003news.fu-berlin.de>,
    > nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    > > instead of having an informed opinion.
    >
    > I dunno, I just saw him on the Drew Carey show, and I gotta say, he
    > looked pretty much like a wet rag. No wonder he sticks to radio.
    What about Drew Carey?
    nosredna Guest

  13. #13

    In article <280620031805250041%starsky.net>, Davoud <starsky.net>
    wrote:
    > Vik Rubenfeld:
    > > Rush Limbaugh speaks highly of...
    >
    > *****
    >
    > He's a long-time Mac fan. It amazes me beyond words that that Nazi hate
    > merchant and I have even one thing in common.
    Question: Have you ever actually listened to Rush for more than five
    minutes?

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"
    Orac Guest

  14. #14

    In article <nosredna-CE5FC7.20591729062003news.fu-berlin.de>,
    nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    > In article <bearclaw-CB21FA.17500629062003corp.supernews.com>,
    > [email]bearclawcruller.inva[/email]lid wrote:
    >
    > > In article <nosredna-D71AE0.16393229062003news.fu-berlin.de>,
    > > nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say
    > > > about Rush, instead of having an informed opinion.
    > >
    > > I dunno, I just saw him on the Drew Carey show, and I gotta say,
    > > he looked pretty much like a wet rag. No wonder he sticks to
    > > radio.
    >
    > What about Drew Carey?
    LOL. Good point. Still Carey looked tougher than Limbaugh. And that's
    quite a stretch.

    Seriously, I was surprised to see how pasty and soft he looked--struck
    me as the type who would show off his pinky ring and expect others to
    notice, you know? Well-manicured, though. Not that any of this means
    anything, it was just how he looked to me the only time I've ever seen
    him. Otherwise, I don't know anything at all first hand about Rush
    Limbaugh. Only ever heard him once on the radio. Thought I was
    listening to some preachy religious show. Changed stations pretty
    quick, thankyouverymuch.
    bearclaw@cruller.invalid Guest

  15. #15

    In article <orac-5D31B5.21085029062003rcache2.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, Orac
    <oracmac.com> wrote:
    > Question: Have you ever actually listened to Rush for more than five
    > minutes?
    Yes, but not without feeling a deep sadness for the fools who listen
    for more than 5 minutes.
    jemmy ducks Guest

  16. #16

    In article <bearclaw-097965.18330429062003corp.supernews.com>,
    [email]bearclawcruller.inva[/email]lid wrote:
    > In article <nosredna-CE5FC7.20591729062003news.fu-berlin.de>,
    > nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <bearclaw-CB21FA.17500629062003corp.supernews.com>,
    > > [email]bearclawcruller.inva[/email]lid wrote:

    > > > I dunno, I just saw him on the Drew Carey show, and I gotta say,
    > > > he looked pretty much like a wet rag. No wonder he sticks to
    > > > radio.
    > >
    > > What about Drew Carey?
    >
    > LOL. Good point. Still Carey looked tougher than Limbaugh. And that's
    > quite a stretch.
    >
    > Seriously, I was surprised to see how pasty and soft he looked--struck
    > me as the type who would show off his pinky ring and expect others to
    > notice, you know? Well-manicured, though. Not that any of this means
    > anything, it was just how he looked to me the only time I've ever seen
    > him. Otherwise, I don't know anything at all first hand about Rush
    > Limbaugh. Only ever heard him once on the radio. Thought I was
    > listening to some preachy religious show. Changed stations pretty
    > quick, thankyouverymuch.
    Was that a rerun? I think he was on that show years ago, before he lost
    a whole lot of weight. He's practically skinny now.
    nosredna Guest

  17. #17

    In article <1056926806.381088ok-corral.gunslinger.net>, Jeremy
    <jeremyexit109.com> wrote:
    > nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    > > instead of having an informed opinion. If Apple would only latch on to
    > > this ideal advertising opportunity (Rush's show), they would probably
    > > gain a lot more Switchers and people buying their first computer.
    >
    > It's far from an ideal opportunity. They'd probably lose more sales from
    > people disgusted by their association with that worthless piece of garbage
    > than they would gain from the gullible fools who listen to his lies.
    They'd probably lose some sales, yes. Lose more than they gain, I
    don't know. It'd probably be pretty close.

    --
    Jerry Kindall, Seattle, WA [url]http://www.jerrykindall.com/[/url]

    If replying to this message by e-mail, send plain text only.
    Replies with files or HTML will be deleted by my spam filters.
    Jerry Kindall Guest

  18. #18

    nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> writes:

    > Continuing the Rush/Macintosh thread, I think it's time to resurrect
    > an article written in January 2002 by a major Mac evangelist named
    > iBrotha (who, BTW, ended his own life last summer): Rush Limbaugh:
    > Future 'Think Different' Poster Boy?
    > [url]http://www.macobserver.com/editorial/2002/01/16.1.shtml[/url]
    I couldn't agree more.

    If Jobs wants to be liberal, fine, let him. If he wants to refuse to
    advertise on shows that disagree with his politics, fine, that's his
    problem.

    If he wants conservatives (like me) to buy somebody else's computers,
    all he has to do is say the word. My Mac is still pretty new so I
    won't be buying a new system for several years, but if Apple really
    doesn't want my business, I'd be just fine making my next desktop
    computer a Sun workstation.

    But I don't think that word will every be said. Whatever Jobs may
    think of me and people who share my politics, he's not so stupid as
    to deliberately throw away sales.

    -- David
    David C. Guest

  19. #19

    On 6/29/2003 11:09 PM, Jerry Kindall wrote:
    > In article <1056926806.381088ok-corral.gunslinger.net>, Jeremy
    > <jeremyexit109.com> wrote:
    >

    >>nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    >>>instead of having an informed opinion. If Apple would only latch on to
    >>>this ideal advertising opportunity (Rush's show), they would probably
    >>>gain a lot more Switchers and people buying their first computer.
    >>
    >>It's far from an ideal opportunity. They'd probably lose more sales from
    >>people disgusted by their association with that worthless piece of garbage
    >>than they would gain from the gullible fools who listen to his lies.
    >

    > They'd probably lose some sales, yes. Lose more than they gain, I
    > don't know. It'd probably be pretty close.

    You can't be serious! Do you really think there are that many
    people/groups/corporations that base their decision on which platform to
    use based on the politcal and socioeconomic groups the vendor advertises
    to? There are obviously some that would get swept up in their emotions
    and pitch their Macs into the dumpster, but I think that'd be a very
    small group of people. More likely is that there would be a short spurt
    of tirades by a few people, and then their emotions would calm down.

    If you "love" Apple, Mac, OS X, etc., then shouldn't you want it to
    flourish? The way to do that is with more and more users. That you
    might not agree with the political views of some of those users should
    be irrelevant to your choice to use Apple and Mac.

    Michael Rice Guest

  20. #20

    <jeremyexit109.com> wrote:
    > nosredna <nosrednasuscom.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, some people just parrot what they've heard others say about Rush,
    > > instead of having an informed opinion. If Apple would only latch on to
    > > this ideal advertising opportunity (Rush's show), they would probably
    > > gain a lot more Switchers and people buying their first computer.
    >
    > It's far from an ideal opportunity. They'd probably lose more sales from
    > people disgusted by their association with that worthless piece of garbage
    > than they would gain from the gullible fools who listen to his lies.
    If that is true, then leftists are even more stupid than the
    right-wingers who decided to boycott the Dixie Chicks.

    GhandiCram Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast