Professional Web Applications Themes

Apple Mail Attachments - Mac Applications & Software

I recieve many photos via E Mail. Now with Apple Mail, they come included in the "message" of the E Mail. The preferences for Mail do not include any way to just save these attachments to desktop or a downloads file. Is there any easy way to "save" attachments with Mail? Or is this just a shortcoming of an Apple application? TIA...

  1. #1

    Default Apple Mail Attachments

    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Apple Mail Attachments

    In article <pdx.net>,
    world wrote:

    What happens when you select "Save attachements" in the File menu?
    David Guest

  3. #3

    In article <news.adelphia.net>,
    David Turley <com> wrote:

    > What happens when you select "Save attachements" in the File menu?[/ref]

    or ctrl-click on the photo ?

    --
    Joakim Wendel
    Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

    My homepage : http://violinist.nu
    Joakim Guest

  4. #4

    David Turley <com> wrote:

    > What happens when you select "Save attachements" in the File menu?[/ref]

    It is greyed out and cannot be selected,
    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  5. #5

    In article <canit.se>,
    Joakim Wendel <net> wrote:

    > > What happens when you select "Save attachements" in the File menu?[/ref]
    >
    > or ctrl-click on the photo ?[/ref]

    I get a small box that seems to allow saving, but after choosing to save
    to desktop, nothing is there when I close the mail app.
    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  6. #6

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003, world wrote:

    > > What happens when you select "Save attachements" in the File menu?[/ref]
    >
    > It is greyed out and cannot be selected,[/ref]

    That's strange. I just tried it on my machine,and I can select "Save
    attachments" and get a file selection dialog. I can also select "Save
    to Downloads Directory" and have it go there. The Downloads directory
    is set in the Internet>>Web preferences pane in System Preferences.

    Perhaps you have some preference set that's interfering? But what would
    it be?

    joe
    Joe Guest

  7. #7

    <world> wrote:

    > > or ctrl-click on the photo ?[/ref]
    >
    > I get a small box that seems to allow saving, but after choosing to save
    > to desktop, nothing is there when I close the mail app.[/ref]

    I have NEVER managed to get "Save to Downloads Directory" (which is what
    I see) to work, and have heard from several others that cannot use it.
    OTOH, it seems to work for some people.

    But "Save Attachment..." seems to work OK.

    Sometimes I can just drag the attachment out of the e-mail to a folder
    or to the desktop, but sometimes I can't; I cannot figure this one out
    either.

    Mail is a bit iffy here and there :-(

    --
    Beware the SPAMblock - if your mailer doesn't see my Reply-To:, use
    john at yclept dot freeserve dot co dot uk

  8. #8

    Joe Davison <com> wrote:

    > > It is greyed out and cannot be selected,[/ref]
    >
    > That's strange. I just tried it on my machine,and I can select "Save
    > attachments" and get a file selection dialog. I can also select "Save
    > to Downloads Directory" and have it go there. The Downloads directory
    > is set in the Internet>>Web preferences pane in System Preferences.[/ref]

    in my copy, it's available when I click on the message in the index to
    read it in the frame below, but NOT when I double-click on the message
    to open it in a separate window. Wierd.

  9. #9

    Craig Bailey <com> wrote:

    > Click, hold, drag to your desktop.[/ref]

    If I click, DON'T hold and drag, it sometimes works. But if I wait until
    it's highlighted, or drag it when it's already highlighted, I get an
    empty "Untitled clipping".

  10. #10

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, John Hill wrote:

    I presume you do have a Downloads Directory defined?

    joe
    Joe Guest

  11. #11

    Joe Davison <com> wrote:

    > I presume you do have a Downloads Directory defined?[/ref]

    Oh, yes! and it works just fine in Safari, Internet Explorer, ...

  12. #12

    I keep getting all the attachments to my E Mail included in the body of
    the message. I have not found any way to "save" pictures sent as
    attachments.

    appreciate any help.

    TIA
    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  13. #13

    In article <pdx.net>,
    <world> wrote:

    When I get pcture attachments in the body of the email, I can just drag
    the image onto the desktop.

    Cathy

    --
    "there's a dance or two in the old dame yet." - mehitabel

    C.Stevenson, M.D.
    net
    Cathy Guest

  14. #14