Professional Web Applications Themes

applescript? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi, Barb. Thanks, but you see, the question is, does PE understand applescript? With applications that are applescript aware, you can automate a lot of things (kind of like photoshop actions) by writing scripts, like the one for your drive. Some third-party applications understand applescript and some don't. So I know that you can script things like image tagging that are actually done in the finder, but I'm hoping Rich or someone can tell me if it is possible to use scripts within PE....

  1. #1

    Default Re: applescript?

    Hi, Barb. Thanks, but you see, the question is, does PE understand applescript? With applications that are applescript aware, you can automate a lot of things (kind of like photoshop actions) by writing scripts, like the one for your drive. Some third-party applications understand applescript and some don't.

    So I know that you can script things like image tagging that are actually done in the finder, but I'm hoping Rich or someone can tell me if it is possible to use scripts within PE.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  2. #2

    You go, Ray! Thanks.

    So which mac is it going to be, do you think?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  3. #3

    Barb and Barbara: Have you checked the Adobe Photoshop Scripting forum?
    Looks like there are some threads there on Applescript, and if it works for
    PS 7, it might work for PE....?

    Chuck (who knows nada about Mac...just trying to help!)

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  4. #4

    Hi, Chuck, thanks. The unanswerable question is whether applescript, like actions, is disabled in PE. I could ask and see if anyone over there has tried in PE, though, although something tells me they also probably believe PE is the toy version of PS.

    EDIT Just took a quick look and someone asked this question last November and hasn't gotten an answer yet. 8^(
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  5. #5

    Elements is not AppleScriptable beyond telling it to open, print, run, and quit
    Mark Hiers Guest

  6. #6

    Thank you very, very much, Mark.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  7. #7

    Since my luck is running out these days, and that I will have to wait
    longer, the treat is going to get bigger... A PowerMac G5 :) This way, I
    will be able to transfer my current data disk (once reformated) to my new
    Mac and have ample storage space. If I settle for something smaller, I fear
    I'm going to regret it along the way and end up still using my PC from time
    to time, which I want to minimize as much as possible.

    One PC in the house suffering from the hickup is enough (Rick's, not mine)
    :)

    Question (short answer like Yes or No) : is iPhoto capable of reading EXIF
    information (like the caption tag) that I put with PSA ? I just discovered
    that the information could be partially recovered. Tagging (if it exists)
    in iPhoto is still a problem. Perhaps I will be able to open iPhoto's data
    file with Applescript and retrieve the information from a flat file from PSA
    (PSA is an Access database).

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  8. #8

    We've hang (hung?) a picture of this beauty of the fridge door... :)

    Ray Guest

  9. #9

    You do know its nickname is the "cheesegrater"? I guess maybe in French it would be "la mandoline" instead? <g>
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  10. #10

    Mandoline : an old guitar of the 14-17th century (history wasn't my
    strongest topic).
    Cheesegrater : Rpe Fromage. Humm! My friend Rick is a real cheese
    amateur! As long as there is cheese in the fridge, he's a happy guy! :)

    I can't wait untill he gets back home to tell him that... He'll call
    tomorrow morning to order one!!

    Ray Guest

  11. #11

    Ray, a mandoline is also a French vegetable slicer. I thought maybe it would be the same word for a cheese grater/slicer.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  12. #12

    As is suspected (Rick is back), he immediately and said "Cool... let's get
    one!!!" (but money don't grow on threes, so we'll still wait).

    Ray Guest

  13. #13

    Got to wait for a G5, anyway. They haven't started shipping yet, and I'm sure they're pretty backordered, so you can relax for now.
    Barbara Brundage Guest