Professional Web Applications Themes

Application needs to work in single and multiple webserver environment - ASP.NET General

inproc sessions won't work on a webfarm. if you use sqlserver mode, you can schedule (thru sqlagent) a stored proc to run that deletes old sessions. "sudha" <sudha_smailcity.com> wrote in message news:030d01c344b8$46177700$a301280aphx.gbl... > Hi, > I have my search application which displays results based > on query given by user. I provided pagination for this > application so that user can navigate through the search > results. The first time user queries the application, it > creates an xml file on the webserver and uses this xml > file to display records whenever user clicks next or prev > buttons ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Application needs to work in single and multiple webserver environment

    inproc sessions won't work on a webfarm.

    if you use sqlserver mode, you can schedule (thru sqlagent) a stored proc to
    run that deletes old sessions.

    "sudha" <sudha_smailcity.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have my search application which displays results based
    > on query given by user. I provided pagination for this
    > application so that user can navigate through the search
    > results. The first time user queries the application, it
    > creates an xml file on the webserver and uses this xml
    > file to display records whenever user clicks next or prev
    > buttons instead of getting the records from the database.
    > When the user session times out this xml file gets deleted
    > using Session_End event in global.ascx file as I am using
    > Session state mode="InProc". The whole application works
    > fine if we use single webserver. But, the problem arises
    > if the same application needs to run in clustered web
    > farm as the user may not be redirected to same server
    > where the xml file gets created as he navigates through
    > the search results. I also need to use Session state
    > mode="SQL Server" to store the session state in clustered
    > web farm environment. The session_end event only works
    > in "InProc" mode. How do I delete the xml file that gets
    > created on the server in multiple webserver environment?
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    bruce barker Guest

  2. #2

    Thanks bruce. But, Is creating a temporary xml file based
    on user session on the webserver in clustered web farm is
    a problem?

    sudha Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    the xml file wont be accessible from all servers in the webfarm but if
    you will save the xml file for the first time on ant server on the farm
    it will be available for other request on the same machine.
    if you just want to save one copy of the temporary file you could do
    what other told you and keep it on state machine or SQL server.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114