Professional Web Applications Themes

Application Quits on Drafts - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I've beening having a whole host of problems- freezing and quitting- which has not been solved by reinstallations. When the software works it's great but it's been taking a lot of effort to be able to publish with any consistency. Of course I repair permissions with each startup. My current problem is that Contribute is creating bad drafts. What I mean by this is that everytime I click on a draft the application quits and there's no way to delete them. I'd like to ask how to delete the drafts outside the application but I don't think that's going to ...

  1. #1

    Default Application Quits on Drafts

    I've beening having a whole host of problems- freezing and quitting- which has
    not been solved by reinstallations. When the software works it's great but
    it's been taking a lot of effort to be able to publish with any consistency.
    Of course I repair permissions with each startup.

    My current problem is that Contribute is creating bad drafts. What I mean by
    this is that everytime I click on a draft the application quits and there's no
    way to delete them. I'd like to ask how to delete the drafts outside the
    application but I don't think that's going to do it, as each new draft is just
    as "corrupt" as the last. Any ideas? Please don't say reinstall.

    best,
    Christopher Seufert

    Christopher Seufert Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Application Quits on Drafts

    What version of contribute are you using? What OS are you on? It sounds like
    Contribute is "choking" on something.

    Also, can we see your code, or a URL? Any dynamic scripts in your code?
    Please show those as well. Contribute can only shows its best rendition of a
    page as wysiwyg view, so if thats where it crashes then there must be something
    about the design of your page which it just can't take. (or, just can't
    render...)

    mzanime.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Thanks for the response. I'm using the latest Contribute but have solved the problem with another Trash and Reinstall.

    thanks,
    Chris
    Christopher Seufert Guest

  4. #4

    How do you know it wont happen again ?

    Doing that doesn't really fix anything.
    mzanime.com Guest

  5. #5

    This continues to happen with corrupt drafts causing the application to quit.
    Re-install seems to be the only fix. Clearly a problem with this software,
    that it happens so regularly and requires a trash and full re-install. Does
    anyone have a way to deal otherwise with this problem?

    Christopher Seufert

    Christopher Seufert Guest

  6. #6

    I had the same problem a user would try editing a page in contribute and it
    would shut it self down unexpectedly. At the time we had about 20 users and
    this behavior only occured with two. The problem was with folder permissions.(
    i use a map drive to give users access to the server). They didnt have the
    appropriate access on one of the folders and instead of giving me an error
    contribute would just crash.

    SOLUTION:
    Create a folder on the users desktop called ct3netperformancelog then start
    contriubte and try to edit the page that crashes. You can then go to the
    ct3netperformancelog folder and read the log. My error log had a
    ACCESS_DENIED. Gave the user access to the folder and the problem went away.

    There is an article for contribute called "Using Network I/O logging to log
    operations and identify problems " at [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_19506[/url]
    that explains the log.

    dmuniz Guest