Professional Web Applications Themes

application to sync multiple MDBs on one server? - ASP Database

Hi - I've got quite a few identical MDB files running on an IIS5 server. From time to time I need to go into various tables and add a field or two. It would be great if there were an application out there that could either: (a) sync all MDBs designated to match one I've added some fields/tables to OR (b) tell all designated MDBs to have an extra field(s) or table(s). I've began writing something like this that right now just does part of (b) but I'd rather find something that is much more slick and complete. -- Scotter...

  1. #1

    Default application to sync multiple MDBs on one server?

    Hi -

    I've got quite a few identical MDB files running on an IIS5 server.
    From time to time I need to go into various tables and add a field or two.

    --
    Scotter

    Scotter Guest

  2. #2

    See your other thread. Also see this: http://aspfaq.com/5004

    Ray at work
    "Scotter" <com> wrote in message

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    btw I really did try to pick the six or so (out of about 17 asp/db-related I
    typically peruse) most applicable newsgroups to post my message in. I
    apologize if one or two were not applicable enough in your eyes. Humbly and
    seriously.
    The point of not crossposting is to not bombard others with extraneous data,
    right?
    Well this little debate about whether I even need multiple MDBs and you all
    posting advice about cross-posting is taking up more space than if you all
    had just either answered my question or not said anything.
    So now I'm also posting extra messages just to defend myself.

    Scotter Guest

  4. #4

    Six most applicable?.....

    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db - yes
    microsoft.public.dotnet.general - completely OT for that NG
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general - yes
    microsoft.public.vb.com - completely OT for that NG
    microsoft.public.access.3rdpartyusrgrp - perhaps
    microsoft.public.access.tion - perhaps

    I don't mean to offend but, what you _should_ have done instead, is just
    post it to the inetserver.asp.general NG, and if it was necessary, you would
    have been directed to a more "applicable" newsgroup from there.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    "Scotter" <com> wrote in message

    and
    data,
    all

    Steven Guest

  5. #5

    The reason why microsoft.public.dotnet.general MAY not be off topic is
    because I'm looking for someone who is a .net programmer who might have
    either written a Web CMS like mine that uses MDB back ends and found
    software like I'm looking for OR he wrote it himself like I've already half
    done.
    So please, just because you don't necessarily see or imagine how something
    can apply or work don't assume it doesn't apply or work.
    Same with the other newsgroup(s) you assume are off topic for my post.
    I really really just want peace here and an answer to my original question.

    "Steven Burn" <com> wrote in message
    > and
    > data,
    > all
    >
    >[/ref]

    Scotter Guest

  6. #6

    > don't assume it doesn't apply or work.

    Oh crikey..... I wouldn't even contemplating assuming that, or anything else
    for that matter ;o)

    As for your original Q (and your probably gonna hate me now), AFAIK, there
    is no software available that will do what you are wanting. Instead (and you
    probably already know this), you'll need to write a script that opens each
    DB, and adds the fields required.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    "Scotter" <com> wrote in message
    half
    question.
    > > and
    > > data,
    > > all
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Steven Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks, Steven, for getting back to my original question! Whew!!!!
    Yeah, if you read that question again, you'll see I mentioned I already
    started writing this app.
    I agree with the reasons behind why you think no one else has probably
    written an app like this.
    I think I may just switch gears and beef up my lil MDB-structure-copier-app
    until it does at least what I need.
    Thanks

    > Oh crikey..... I wouldn't even contemplating assuming that, or anything
    > else
    > for that matter ;o)
    >
    > As for your original Q (and your probably gonna hate me now), AFAIK, there
    > is no software available that will do what you are wanting. Instead (and
    > you
    > probably already know this), you'll need to write a script that opens each
    > DB, and adds the fields required.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Steven Burn
    > Ur I.T. Mate Group
    > www.it-mate.co.uk
    >
    > Keeping it FREE!
    >

    > "Scotter" <com> wrote in message
    > half
    > question.
    >>
    >>[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Scotter Guest

  8. #8

    Hello,

    I have replied you in another thread. If you have any further questions,
    please reply in that thread.

    Thanks,

    Luke

    [MSFT] Guest