Professional Web Applications Themes

Application Variables Corrupt 7.01 Update - Coldfusion Server Administration

I had many web applications working wonderfully under ColdFusion MX 7. Last week I upgraded the server with the 7.01 updater and now every day the web applications are generating error messages because entire structures are disappearing from memory (application scope only). I am forced to re-initialize my applications in order to re-populate the application structure. This forces me to check my e-mail every five minutes and then re-init my apps as soon as the error messages start rolling in. No code has changed. No other server settings have changed. I'm running CF MX 7.01 on RedHat Linux ES 3.0 ...

  1. #1

    Default Application Variables Corrupt 7.01 Update

    I had many web applications working wonderfully under ColdFusion MX 7. Last
    week I upgraded the server with the 7.01 updater and now every day the web
    applications are generating error messages because entire structures are
    disappearing from memory (application scope only). I am forced to re-initialize
    my applications in order to re-populate the application structure. This forces
    me to check my e-mail every five minutes and then re-init my apps as soon as
    the error messages start rolling in. No code has changed. No other server
    settings have changed. I'm running CF MX 7.01 on RedHat Linux ES 3.0 with
    Apache 2.0.50. I've had no problems until just moments after updating the
    server to 7.01. I tried to rollback but am unable to do so. To rollback to 7.0
    I'll have to uninstall ColdFusion entirely. Anyone else experiencing this
    problem? Please help as all productivity has come to a halt until this can be
    fixed. Thank you! The errors I'm seeing are "you have attempted to dereference
    a scalar variable" and "the element abc does not exist in this structure", etc.
    I've even CFDUMP'd the application structure and entire portions are missing.

    moset Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Application Variables Corrupt 7.01 Update

    What if you change the application's name, so that, presto, everything's now under new management? Just a crazy hunch.

    BKBK Guest

  3. #3

    I guess I'm not sure how changing the application's name would help.

    1) Code that works. Never any errors.
    2) Update to CFMX 7.01
    3) Code that does not work. Errors requiring application restarts every
    several hours.

    moset Guest

  4. #4

    Changing the application name is equivalent to running a brand new application
    on CFMX7.0.1. Any errors that then appear have to be approached afresh, in the
    way you would the errors of a brand new application. I should confess, though,
    that I'm at a loss what might have gone wrong in your transition from 7 to
    7.0.1.

    BKBK Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Moset,
    Any update on this? This is a curious issue with no other reports except
    yours. Did you resolve the problem? Does it go away in 7.02?

    Could you be setting your application structure equal to another structure.
    That would actually create a pointer in your application scope to the local
    structure. If the local structure were deleted, so would your application
    scope variable.

    Let me know.

    ksmith Guest