Professional Web Applications Themes

applying CSS to JS? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I want to know if I can apply CSS to JS. I have a JS doent that is part of an HTML page in Dreamweaver. I have in in a layer in the HTML and then edit the JS if need be. Without using CSS, my text changes size depending on browers and screen resolution sizes. I want to avoid this and the only way I know to do so is to use CSS. But I'm not sure HOW to apply a CSS to JS. Can someone please help me? This is for a major client of mine and I ...

  1. #1

    Default applying CSS to JS?

    I want to know if I can apply CSS to JS. I have a JS doent that is part of
    an HTML page in Dreamweaver. I have in in a layer in the HTML and then edit the
    JS if need be.

    Without using CSS, my text changes size depending on browers and screen
    resolution sizes. I want to avoid this and the only way I know to do so is to
    use CSS. But I'm not sure HOW to apply a CSS to JS.

    Can someone please help me? This is for a major client of mine and I don't
    want to mess it up. THANKS!

    CozmoRaine Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: applying CSS to JS?

    You cannot apply CSS to js, in the sense that you would apply it to HTML,
    since js is not a presentational scripting method like HTML is. However,
    you can add CSS to the HTML that js writes. Why not post a link to the page
    so that we can know more about what you are describing.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "CozmoRaine" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I want to know if I can apply CSS to JS. I have a JS doent that is part
    >of
    > an HTML page in Dreamweaver. I have in in a layer in the HTML and then
    > edit the
    > JS if need be.
    >
    > Without using CSS, my text changes size depending on browers and screen
    > resolution sizes. I want to avoid this and the only way I know to do so is
    > use CSS. But I'm not sure HOW to apply a CSS to JS.
    >
    > Can someone please help me? This is for a major client of mine and I don't
    > want to mess it up. THANKS!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Here is the link - when you hold down "control" and scroll with the mouse, you
    can tell that the drop-down menu (down in JS) doesn't have a style attached to
    it (i.e. it changes size and messes up the whole page) -
    [url]http://www.net-aid.net/hidden/secondary2.html[/url]

    Also - if you are willing to take a look - the THIRD TIER off of my drop-down
    menu doesn't stay up once you mouse over it. I'm not sure why that is
    happening, either. Any suggestions?

    Thank you for your help!

    CozmoRaine Guest

  4. #4

    > Here is the link - when you hold down "control" and scroll with the mouse,
    > you
    > can tell that the drop-down menu (down in JS) doesn't have a style
    > attached to
    > it (i.e. it changes size and messes up the whole page) -
    > [url]http://www.net-aid.net/hidden/secondary2.html[/url]
    This is what happens when you resize your text. You cannot prevent that
    with CSS. And you can see that the drop-down menu *does* have styles
    applied to it - otherwise it would look like plain text, and not have colors
    and borders.

    As for your other question, you would have to ask these people -

    [url]http://www.milonic.com/[/url]

    I wouldn't use those menus on any site I build, though.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Here is the link - when you hold down "control" and scroll with the mouse,
    > you
    > can tell that the drop-down menu (down in JS) doesn't have a style
    > attached to
    > it (i.e. it changes size and messes up the whole page) -
    > [url]http://www.net-aid.net/hidden/secondary2.html[/url]
    >
    > Also - if you are willing to take a look - the THIRD TIER off of my
    > drop-down
    > menu doesn't stay up once you mouse over it. I'm not sure why that is
    > happening, either. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you for your help!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    I understand that is what happens when you hold down the "Control" button and
    scroll. But I only do that as a test, to ensure my CSS are working correctly. I
    know this menu's text may look larger or small on some other people's screens.
    BTW - is there a specific reason why you wouldn't put these type of drop-down
    JS's on your sites? Just curious.

    Thanks!

    CozmoRaine Guest

  6. #6

    Because it's so easy to do without using such menu systems, and for most of
    the other reasons discussed here:

    [url]http://apptools.com/rants/jsmenu.php[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    >I understand that is what happens when you hold down the "Control" button
    >and
    > scroll. But I only do that as a test, to ensure my CSS are working
    > correctly. I
    > know this menu's text may look larger or small on some other people's
    > screens.
    > BTW - is there a specific reason why you wouldn't put these type of
    > drop-down
    > JS's on your sites? Just curious.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Murray *TMM* Guest