Professional Web Applications Themes

Are Flyout menus possible in contribute - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Is it possible to create a flyout menu in contribute? Would I have to make one in Dreamweaver? If so, how would I do that? My website is in asp. Thank you!...

  1. #1

    Default Are Flyout menus possible in contribute

    Is it possible to create a flyout menu in contribute?

    Would I have to make one in Dreamweaver? If so, how would I do that? My website is in asp. Thank you!
    mcoll628 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Are Flyout menus possible in contribute

    Hi

    I'm using Contrbute 3, so I can't comment on the later versions 4 and CS3.
    Unless there've been some major changes since v3, I don't think you'll be able
    to create flyout menus in Contribute. You may however, be able to set up the
    type of menu you want using Dreamweaver and add/edit pages using Contribute.

    The effects you're after are javascript based, so a good ajax library which
    will create flyout menus from unordered list items would be my logical place to
    start. Something like the Yahoo YUI library.

    You'll have a problem if the effects require editing/adding code (e.g. adding
    a "rel" attribute) - yes, you can do it in an external editor but that defeats
    the purpose of Contribute. Providing the ajax library will create flyout menus
    from an unordered (or ordered) list item only, without any extra attributes)
    then you should be OK.

    mpjx Guest

  4. #4

    We are just about to roll out a new design for the Valdosta State University
    main webpage that uses a "flyout" menu system.

    The mechanism I have implemented is to use

    [url]http://www.htmldog.com/articles/erfish/dropdowns/[/url]

    This is basically a set of CSS stylesheets that are applied to a series of
    nested unordered lists. Since it doesn't require any Javascript it is
    completely accessible and it degrades nicely when used by browsers that don't
    support the advanced styling as well as various screenreaders.

    For an example of how it is being implemented take a look at our development
    site:

    [url]http://www2.valdosta.edu/[/url]

    Andy

    arfore Guest