Professional Web Applications Themes

Artist of the month. - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I would like to thank all those who contributed to last months display. We now have a new artist up for the month of October. Now sit back and brace yourself for a treat. Please put your hands together to welcome Robertus Schraven as the Artist in Residence for October -- Grant Artist of the month : http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/ArtistinResidence.html...

  1. #1

    Default Artist of the month.

    --

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Artist of the month.

    Robert, those are absolutely amazing. You make me want to run out and take pictures ! ...if only it would stop raining. Incredible work ! Thanks for letting me look inside your world.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Robert,

    Excellent. I am sure everyone will enjoy the trip through your gallery. I
    sure did.

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Robert,
    Very nice images. I like your use of light and shadow.

    CR
    Chris_Rankin@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Taking my time going thru your gallery was a real treat. Some fascinating subjects so beautifully photographed. The touches of photojournalism were neat, too. Very well composed at just the right moment! Thanks for sharing. Dorothy
    Do_Brinkmann@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Really enjoyed your images. I especially love the women swimming with the cones. The one of the two boys in your challenge entry this week is my favorite.

    BTW, file size makes it very reasonable for dial ups like myself
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Iíve recently joined the forum and the challenge group. You donít seem like an amateur to me. Your photographs are great. I have been learning a lot and the challenge pictures everyone does are amazing.

    beth
    bethC@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Your pictures are simply awesome; you have a wonderful talent for composition and color. Moving from one picture to the next was like a walk through a Museum of Art.

    Marilyn Lee
    Marilyn_Lee@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Thank you all for your kind words.
    I don't really know what to say now except that I liked making these images and that photography always appealed to me so may be I am shooting all those images I always wanted to shoot but were stored away in my head untill the right opportunity presented itself.

    Much of it is down to modern technology as I couldn't handle the "normal" SLR's. The user friendlyness of the camera made it very easy to just go ahead and take pictures. Very much a learning by doing thing. The very first picture I took is included in this gallery (the snowy landscape with the tree in the front)and the result impressed (or stunned is probably a better word) me so much that I just continued after that one. Elements and this forum then just added their bit.

    Robert
    Schraven_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Robert,

    I really enjoyed your gallery. As Marilyn says, your talent for composition is evident. Very well done.

    Nancy
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Robertus,

    Congratulations on your photographic achievements.

    I enjoyed every image, but the two which I went back to look at again are #s
    14 and 21.

    You have my admiration and envy.

    Byron

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Robertus,

    I really enjoyed your photographs, excellent composition.

    Dave

    Dave Guest

  13. #13

    Sorry for harping, but I can't get off #14... it's so honest.

    I'm grateful for having been able to see this photograph.

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Byron,

    I will tell Mary she has a secret admirer. :-)

  15. #15

    I'll say as Marilyn because my English is not very good. Your pictures are totally amazing!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  16. #16

    Robert,

    Those are wonderful images. My favorites are number 22 and 24. I also like
    number 2 and 3 very much. What church is that? The collage is very nicely
    done! How did you get the shot of the Brandenburg Gate?

    Juergen

    Juergen_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Hi Robert, Beautiful! The way the light comes thru the trees on #22 is really lovely.
    Thanks for sharing, Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Thank you for your positive remarks and nice comments.
    I am glad you like the pictures as I wasn't sure whether you would because before you all no one has really seen any of these pictures.

    The pictures 22 and 24 were made one morning when the first bits of fog entered Holland. I knew that the sun would come through eventually so I waited and nearly missed it. I don't know if you had that experience but when the sun comes through the air gets warmer and fog evaporates. Well in this case the fog went with in 20 minutes. The two pictures were amongst the last ones on the chip. it seems that you shoot the best ones always under that bit of pressure.

    The pictures 2 and 3 were made in two different churches in Utrecht.
    #2 was shot in the same church where #1 was shot. The church is under restauration and the painted ceilings are still extremely bright. #3 is shot in the "Dom" in Utrecht. Hollands tallest church. The bright door caught my attention and with the sun coming in at an angle it was an image I had to have.

    JŁrgen, the picture of the Brandenburger tor was "borrowed" from the front page of a book about building projects in Berlin. I couldn't enlarge it any further because otherwise you would have seen the ink dots of the original shining through.

  19. #19

    Robert, next to a good sense of composition, you have an extremely good eye for the right light. Especially the images #3, #4, #10, #10 and #25 were done exceptionally well. You show you have the ability to wait for the right moment and to capture it.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Thank you Leen,

    I wasn't aware of the effect of shadow on the boats and the water untill I say the first image come through on the display. I must have took at least 40 pictures of the boats and the shadow but this is the one I like best. Don't ask me for the selction criteria I wouldn't be able to explain. The image inspired me to make more pictures with sun and shadow. Some of which are on display in this gallery.

    We thank a beautiful summer for the bright colours. The Nikon likes lots of light and with a little contrast enhancement the images come to life, especially the graffiti one. That is a bit of a strange one. There are moments I like it and then totally dislike it. The bycicle in the frame is a bit of a worry. It is too messy. However would it not be there the image would not be as fascinating. By the way I cannot go back to that same spot as the day after I took these images they were demolishing the place. No derilict buildings in Holland!

    Robert
    Schraven_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast