Professional Web Applications Themes

Artist of the month - Adobe Photoshop Elements

For all those who were wondering were Pete Downs has been in the past few days wonder no more.. I have had Pete slavishly working on his portfolio, well maybe his bio. I would like to welcome Pete as the artist of the month for July. It is appropriate on two levels Pete's has been one of the greatest supporters of artist in the challenge so it is only right we support him but more importantly than that his work deserves the exposure. Please trip on over to Pete's pages and have a look [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/ArtistinResidence.html[/url] -- Grant Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url] ...

  1. #1

    Default Artist of the month

    --
    Grant

    Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url]

    Challenge Pages: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/[/url]

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Artist of the month

    Same goes for me. When I joined in, Pete was amongst the first to welcome
    me! His pictures are beautifull, beaches and the sun.. Can't wait for
    vacation time!

    Congratulations Pete. Shall we call you Sir as of now? ;)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Congratulations Pete!

    I enjoyed the gallery and especially liked the sunsets. Good job.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  4. #4

    Pete, These are great ! Can't believe you told me you had nothing to show or say. I loved every bit of it. BTW, I think you look prrrrty in that suit ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  5. #5

    Pete, congratulations! Your love for nature and the beauty that surrounds you are very apparent...beautiful sunsets! And, of course, the humor you bring to the Challenge always adds something special!

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  6. #6

    Pete,

    I would also like to add my humble congratulations and hooray for this well deserved honor. Have viewed your gallery and enjoyed. It shows more of the type of person you are than I think you know. The birds show you love for gentleness, the sunsets show beauty, the stampede shows strength, and many, your sense of humor.
    All of us here can appreciate you help and participation in this forum. It is great people such as yourself that make this such a nice place to visit.

    Terry
    Terry Boyles Guest

  7. #7

    Chris,

    Thanks for the nice comments; glad you have stuck around and are posting
    those terrific entries!

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  8. #8

    Ray,

    You know there was a comedian about a decade ago that made a whole routine
    about his name....Ray. Ever hear of him? "You can call me Ray,... or you
    can call e Jay.." was part of it.

    But just call me..... Pete.

    Pete D Guest

  9. #9

    Bob,

    Thanks, the sunsets are not enhanced by the way (not much anyway) with PSE.
    They really are that striking and colorful!

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  10. #10

    Jodi,

    Thanks Jodi. I guess I should have put up the Lighthouse page too but did
    not want you all to have too much to look through.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  11. #11

    imacgirl "the humor you bring to the Challenge"

    Hmm, .... and I was trying to be serious. (just kidding) Thanks Barb

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  12. #12

    Marty,

    I think we all inspire and motivate each other. It is a nice little "clan"
    we got here huh? Thanks.

    "Look great" ...Oh man, ... I sure do love it when a foxy lady like you
    even glances in my direction ;)

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  13. #13

    Pete (and Ray): Here's a link to let you hear the "You Can Call Me Ray"
    routine in all its glory....(click on The Redd Foxx Comedy Hour)

    [url]http://www.tvparty.com/variety2.html[/url]

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  14. #14

    Terry,

    Wow,.... I really am touched by your words.... Thank you.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  15. #15

    Chuck,

    Very Good!!... Its been years since I heard him. I don't think he ever
    came up with another routine that was even close to that one.

  16. #16

    Pete, I don't remember. 10 years ago, I barely had the time to watch tv..
    :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  17. #17

    Ray, it's actually from the 70's.....and you had to be there to appreciate
    it.....trust me....!
    ;-)
    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  18. #18

    Oh I was there... I was 3 y.o. :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  19. #19

    Pete, Lighthouse pages ?? Yours or the challenge entries ?

    Sorry i have not been around. I haven't been in my 'happy' place this past week and I'm trying to deal with it. From past experiences I tend to 'hide' during these times. I say what i have to and do what i have to but spriritually i'm away, lost, fallen. Trying to dig myself out, again.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  20. #20

    Pete - I really like the bird pics - what sort of equipment (particularly lens) do you need to get those sort of images? - apart from patience and talent that is!

    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast