Professional Web Applications Themes

Artist Portraits - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I am always on the look out for portraits of our artist. Please send them if they are formal or funky, artistic or conservative there are people out in cyber land that really would like to put a face to those names they that they have come to learn and love. For those that are interested in limitations I do resize all images to a height of 200 pixels just for continuity. For those that have not seen the Artist page take a trip on over to [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Artists/index.html[/url] -- Grant Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url] Challenge Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/[/url] ************************************************** ******* Creativity is ...

  1. #1

    Default Artist Portraits

    --
    Grant

    Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url]

    Challenge Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/[/url]

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Artist Portraits

    Grant, every time you post this i always have to go look and see if i missed something....but I can't get past that gorgeous little face...what a cutie ! You know who you are...you were 7 ?
    Jodi Frye Guest

  3. #3

    Jodi

    Thank you but I was not 7!

    PeteD

    > Grant, every time you post this i always have to go look and see if i
    missed something....but I can't get past that gorgeous little face...what a
    cutie ! You know who you are...you were 7 ?

    Pete D Guest

  4. #4

    At the wedding last night my daughter in law decided to take a photo of me
    so I posed in the fashion of a famous photo by Andreas Feininger. So if
    you want to see me as most do it is posted in the artist section . Be aware
    it is a blatant rip-off of a photo called "Photojournalist" The fault is
    mine not my daughter in laws as she has never seen the original.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  5. #5

    Pete, awwww, you weren't 7 in that picture...gosh ya look like a real sweetheart....but then, i already knew that ;)

    Grant, nice pic ! I am guilty of never seeing the image the idea was taken from. I don't get out much....out of my own stuff I mean. Amazing how someone can bury themselves into themselves only to look up once in a while and see that the world is still there......like it's a big surprise. It's those daily surprises that keep me going. Deep ? Na, reality baby. I do want to fly over NYC but never be seen. I do want to stand on a stage with a spotlight on me but only to give my thanks to whoever put me here. I love your new artist's image.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  6. #6

    Jodi

    Not to worry it is only us old time film photographers who know of Andreas
    Feininger's "Photojournalist" take in about 1955
    [url]http://www.artnet.com/Auction/AuctionsOnLineDetail.asp?LotID=2721194&AUID=25489& T=162&page=9[/url]

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  7. #7

    Grant, wow, thanks. Prrrty amazing.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  8. #8

    Leen Koper now graces our artist page.

    I am always looking for portraits to add to my artist section. Also send
    along your " you are ells" if you have a web site. I had a bit of a rough
    night sleep so I got up and reorganized my home page and then redid the
    singers page so if you are bored have a look ... that is right after you
    send me your mug shots and URLs.

    --

    Grant

    Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

    Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Although I couldnot find it yet, I have to give the credits to a wonderful German photographer, Roswitha Kaster
    (http://www.fotografin-riol.de) who made this portrait.
    She demonstrates, next to her skills to capture people in a way that show part of their characters, that producing a good portrait doesnot need a lot of equipment. Usually she makes her portraits outdoors with the white north facing wall of her studio as a background.
    Just have a look at her website; this might be rather inspiring for those who want to enter the seemingly difficult world of portraiture.
    BTW, the image in her portrait galery right after mine, that's my wife without whom I wouldnot have been able to get where I am nowadays.

    Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Leen,

    Very nice. I especially liked the shot of the bride and groom racing along
    the highway in the tractor! I found the "cross" portraits interesting also.

    I personally prefer your style of wedding photography though.

    Bob

    RobertHJones@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    RobertH, most people do, but he works for just only a small percentage of the population and his customers come from far away because of his uniqueness. Usually these are people who can spend some money ("some" is quite an understatement)
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Al Millstein has graciously submitted his portrait to grace the Challenge
    site. come on now there are others out there with portraits just itching to
    get shown.

  13. #13

    Artist portraits

    We have a new portrait gracing our gallery of illustrious Elementers please
    welcome Anna M. Langley better known as Anna Marie.

    Now is a good time to submit you head if you have not already done so.

    g.

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest