Professional Web Applications Themes

ASP:DATALIST - ASP.NET General

Hello, Does anyone know of a way to prevent the asp:datalist control from creating html code table and table row tags when it is rendered. I have normally just incorporated this into the layout of my html code, however, I am now working on a project with several layers deep of html table nesting and it would be like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle to figure out where I should place the datalist control in order for my html to display properly? I am afraid the answer is that this cannot be changed? Any other databinding solutions that will allow ...

  1. #1

    Default ASP:DATALIST

    Hello,

    Does anyone know of a way to prevent the asp:datalist control from creating
    html code table and table row tags when it is rendered. I have normally
    just incorporated this into the layout of my html code, however, I am now
    working on a project with several layers deep of html table nesting and it
    would be like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle to figure out where I should
    place the datalist control in order for my html to display properly? I am
    afraid the answer is that this cannot be changed?

    Any other databinding solutions that will allow me to get around without
    modifying my html layout?

    This is an example of where MS attempts to make it easier for developers by
    creating a server control, but in turn developers lose some control of the
    layout. Perhaps skipping through the dataset like an old recordset in
    classic asp would be a less intrusive solution for me??

    Thanks

    Chris Fink Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: ASP:DATALIST

    Chris,

    You could use the Asp:Repeater tag and highly customize our your data out
    put.

    Rahul Singh

    anant systems, inc. | making information work for you

    anantsystems.net | ioserver.net [Developer and Business .NET Hosting]

    "Chris Fink" <chrischrisfink.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to prevent the asp:datalist control from
    creating
    > html code table and table row tags when it is rendered. I have normally
    > just incorporated this into the layout of my html code, however, I am now
    > working on a project with several layers deep of html table nesting and it
    > would be like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle to figure out where I
    should
    > place the datalist control in order for my html to display properly? I am
    > afraid the answer is that this cannot be changed?
    >
    > Any other databinding solutions that will allow me to get around without
    > modifying my html layout?
    >
    > This is an example of where MS attempts to make it easier for developers
    by
    > creating a server control, but in turn developers lose some control of the
    > layout. Perhaps skipping through the dataset like an old recordset in
    > classic asp would be a less intrusive solution for me??
    >
    > Thanks

    Rahul Singh Guest