> [...]

ASP .mdb ADO OLE automation error - but works in access! - ASP Database

Hello! I have an ASP page using Jet 4.0 oldeb provider for mdb. (ADO 2.8). I use the _same_ code in ASP from my well working VB application. The problem is: when I do the same "SELECT * FROM table WHERE field1 LIKE '%asdf%' " query, it works in Access (SQL query) or in my VB .exe code, but generates OLE automation error in ASP. The same code!!! If I use "=" instead of LIKE, it works. (field1 is string type). But I need LIKE... Why have this? Any idea?...

  2. #2

    What is the exact error message you are receiving?

    joker Guest

  3. #3

    SÁRINGER Zoltán wrote:

    Show us the error message.

    Are you using dynamic sql? If so, Use response.write to see the actual
    query being sent to the database.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Guest

  4. #4

    First, thank you for your replies...!

    I've put onto web the screenshots:

    http://www.optinfo.hu/helpme/ie_err.jpg (hungarian message in IE about the
    500.x http error, and error number)
    http://www.optinfo.hu/helpme/jet_like_error.jpg (debug screen in Interdev,
    on the line: rs.open "SELECT...")

    the connectionstring is:

    str_conn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Database
    Password=;Data Source=g:\vb60\autoflex-feladatutemezo\db\feladat.mdb;"

    Everything else are the defaults. Really, if I change "LIKE" to "equal" it
    works. This is a very simple code!!!! What do you recommend? Why doesnt work
    this simple query in ASP, what is the difference using the same ADODB
    component in VB6 or in ASP? (How can I ensure that ASP uses ADO 2.8.. (in
    VB6 I can select in the referencies, but in ASP...?)

    waiting for your suggestions...
    Zoltan

    SÁRINGER Guest

  5. #5

    SÁRINGER Zoltán wrote:

    If g: is a mapped network drive, your IUSR account will probably not be able
    to find it. You should use the UNC nomenclature in that case. Also, you need
    to force this website to run under a domain account instead of the default
    local IUSR account. Based on your below statement that changing "LIKE" to
    "=", I doubt that this is your problem, In fact, I've probably wasted my
    time typing this, since if this was a problem, you would be talking to us
    about connection failure instead of OLE Automation Error ....

    Everything I've found about this error indicates a problem with your MDAC
    installation. Go to the microsoft site and download the Component Checker
    which will verify the problem (mismatched dll's). The fix will depend on
    your operationg system.

    Bob barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Guest

  6. #6

    SÁRINGER Zoltán wrote:

    I'm not the person who needs to see that. If it contains errors, and you do
    not know how to correct them, then you need to call MS Product Support.

    <snip>

    I'm stumped. There is nothing to be found in Google about your error beyond
    there being a problem with MDAC.I've read that MDAC problem in W2K can be
    corrected by running Windows Setup and choosing the Repair option.

    Beyond that I think you need to call MS Product Support. If you get this
    resolved we would appreciate you posting the solution so we can help the
    next person with this problem.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Guest

  7. #7

    What is the data type of the field "megjegyzes"?

    --
    Brendan Reynolds (Access MVP)
    http://brenreyn.blogspot.com

    The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible for
    me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
    this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
    from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
    GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without
    being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
    newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
    a useable e-mail address at the URL above.

    "SÁRINGER Zoltán" <hu> wrote in message
    the
    in

    Brendan Guest

  8. #8

    field "megjegyzes" is:
    string (250), unicode, "non required", non indexed, no allow NULLs

    but in w2k works, just some software installation messes it up. Now I'm
    going to install opsys from the begining, and watch when will not work...

    SÁRINGER Guest