It sounds like one of the updates tightened the security on your SQL database.
You'll want to verify that the account you are using for the data still has
Is it possible that the sa account or its password was changed?
"Daniel Bass" <co.uk> wrote in message
I setup a asp.net project running on http://localhost/ which connects to a
database on another server running sqlserver...
I was able to connect to the database and create my application no problem.
The sqlserver database server had windows 2000 without any SP's or updates.
This was no problem and even though the OS hadn't the .net framework
installed, everything worked fine.
the requirements for that sqlserver database server have since changed, and
windows update was visited to get all the updates, including the latest SP's
as well as the .net framework. I also installed the remote only debugging
for VS.net on this server so that I'm also able to use this as a IIS
Anyway, back to my problem, since these updates the asp.net application i
run from my machine, whcih connects to this database server, has stopped
working with error "SQL Server does not exist or access denied" on the line
where the .Open() is called on the ADO.net database connection object.