Unfortunately there are many things that can cause debugging to break.
But the good news is virtually every potential problem is doented along
with the solutions here:

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306172[/url]
and
[url]http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc[/url]