I've been fighting this for a couple of weeks:

My ASP/Access app'n uses UTF-8 data in mixed languages/scripts successfully.
That is, it takes input, stores and retrieves stuff OK browser-wise. The app
also writes an RTF file and downloads that to the client (for display by
Word) fine, but ONLY English; Cyrillic and the CJK group gets the trash
display - and it's not a font pblm, cuz the browser display is good.

I've tried a number of cht directives in the RTF-writer, including
CP-1251, UTF-8, Unicode, etc. None works.

I don't know whether I need an explicit code-set translator or not, and am
working with ChilKat's Cht product without any improvement so far.

Thanks for any advice/insight/suggestions/whatever.

AS