Professional Web Applications Themes

ASP Web Based nslookup - ASP Components

Hi, I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will allow nslookup's using ASP. I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses or domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered information. This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is available. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default ASP Web Based nslookup

    Hi,
    I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will allow
    nslookup's using ASP.

    I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses or
    domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    information.

    This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is available.

    Thanks

    TomT Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: ASP Web Based nslookup

    TomT wrote:

    > I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will allow
    > nslookup's using ASP.
    >
    > I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses or
    > domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    > information.
    >
    > This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is available.
    Some Googling led me to
    [url]http://www.sabrainc.com/DNS.asp?P=DNS[/url]
    but test that yourself, I don't know the component.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    [url]http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/[/url]

    Martin Honnen Guest

  4. #4

    That only seems to offer::

    IP -> Domain Name

    Domain Name -> IP

    Lookups.

    I would like the functions of a true NSLookup, being able to select
    A,ANY,CNAME,MX,NS,PTR,SOA,SRV..

    Is this possible ?

    Thanks

  5. #5

    TomT wrote:
    > That only seems to offer::
    >
    > IP -> Domain Name
    >
    > Domain Name -> IP
    >
    > Lookups.
    >
    > I would like the functions of a true NSLookup, being able to select
    > A,ANY,CNAME,MX,NS,PTR,SOA,SRV..
    >
    > Is this possible ?
    With a proper component it should be possible, whether there is a free
    one I don't know, try Google to find one
    [url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=asp+component+domain+lookup&btnG=Google+Sear ch[/url]

  6. #6

    You may want to take a look at aspexec.dll from
    [url]http://www.serverobjects.com[/url] . It will execute a command
    line program and pipe the results back.

    you may also want to check out w3 sockets at
    [url]http://www.dimac.net/[/url] I did a whois thing with this one
    not sure about nslookup.

    Guest

  7. #7

    You also might want to look at [url]www.dastrup.com[/url]

    <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You may want to take a look at aspexec.dll from
    > [url]http://www.serverobjects.com[/url] . It will execute a command
    > line program and pipe the results back.
    >
    > you may also want to check out w3 sockets at
    > [url]http://www.dimac.net/[/url] I did a whois thing with this one
    > not sure about nslookup.

    William E Hatto Guest

  8. #8

    Don't know if this might hopefully help at all:

    ASP Based Reverse DNS Lookup by Jason Withrow
    [url]http://www.asp101.com/articles/jason/reversedns/default.asp[/url]

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Consultant
    [url]http://www.Bullschmidt.com[/url]

    *** Sent via Devdex [url]http://www.devdex.com[/url] ***
    Bullschmidt Guest

  9. #9

    In article <40cad81e$0$17768$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com>,
    [email]tomtadslweb.co.uk[/email] says...
    > Hi,
    > I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will allow
    > nslookup's using ASP.
    >
    > I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses or
    > domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    > information.
    >
    > This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is available.
    I have looked and I have not been able to find anything free.

    --Dave

    Bad Bubba Guest

  10. #10

  11. #11

    *Bad Bubba* wrote:
    > In article <40cad81e$0$17768$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com>,
    > [email]tomtadslweb.co.uk[/email] says...
    >> Hi,
    >> I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that
    >> will allow nslookup's using ASP.
    >>
    >> I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP
    >> addresses or domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on
    >> the entered information.
    >>
    >> This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is
    >> available.
    >
    > I have looked and I have not been able to find anything free.
    If the environment is secure enough then you may have access to the WSH
    shell object, where you can execute nslookup.exe, pipe the results to a
    temporary file, then on successful return of nslookup.exe read the file,
    p it and delete the temporary file - I used to do this with the sort
    of GUI you describe. An alternative method is to execute a piece of
    PerlScript ASP where if I remember rightly there is a much easier method
    of doing nslookups. I might be able to dig up some old script if
    required.
    --
    Andrew Urquhart
    - FAQ: [url]www.aspfaq.com[/url]

    Andrew Urquhart Guest

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Hi,
    you could install Aloaha ([url]www.aloaha.com[/url]) and use the included DNS COM
    Object.
    If you disable the aloaha service you dont need to license it.
    If you want me to write you the script just let me know by email.
    That DNS COM Object supports also SPF, CallerID, RBL lists and so on....

    FH

    +++
    SPAM protected by [url]www.aloaha.com[/url]
    +++

    "Bad Bubba" <badbubba.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:MPG.1b7c3165811635a59896f9news.usenetserver. com...
    > In article <40cad81e$0$17768$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com>,
    > [email]tomtadslweb.co.uk[/email] says...
    > > Hi,
    > > I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will
    allow
    > > nslookup's using ASP.
    > >
    > > I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses
    or
    > > domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    > > information.
    > >
    > > This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is
    available.

    > I have looked and I have not been able to find anything free.
    >
    > --Dave

    Frank Hellmann Guest

  14. #14

    Hi,
    you could install Aloaha ([url]www.aloaha.com[/url]) and use the included DNS COM
    Object.
    If you disable the aloaha service you dont need to license it.
    If you want me to write you the script just let me know by email.
    That DNS COM Object supports also SPF, CallerID, RBL lists and so on....

    FH

    +++
    SPAM protected by [url]www.aloaha.com[/url]
    +++

    "Bad Bubba" <badbubba.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:MPG.1b7c3165811635a59896f9news.usenetserver. com...
    > In article <40cad81e$0$17768$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com>,
    > [email]tomtadslweb.co.uk[/email] says...
    > > Hi,
    > > I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will
    allow
    > > nslookup's using ASP.
    > >
    > > I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses
    or
    > > domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    > > information.
    > >
    > > This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is
    available.

    > I have looked and I have not been able to find anything free.
    >
    > --Dave

    Frank Hellmann Guest

  15. #15

    [url]http://www.a1vbcode.com/app.asp?ID=924[/url]

    free qdns.dll and sample .asp included.. works VERY well...

    "Bad Bubba" <badbubba.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1b7c3165811635a59896f9news.usenetserver. com...
    > In article <40cad81e$0$17768$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com>,
    > [email]tomtadslweb.co.uk[/email] says...
    > > Hi,
    > > I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will
    allow
    > > nslookup's using ASP.
    > >
    > > I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses
    or
    > > domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    > > information.
    > >
    > > This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is
    available.

    > I have looked and I have not been able to find anything free.
    >
    > --Dave

    Anthony Guest

  16. #16

    [url]http://www.a1vbcode.com/app.asp?ID=924[/url]

    free qdns.dll and sample .asp included.. works VERY well...

    "Bad Bubba" <badbubba.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1b7c3165811635a59896f9news.usenetserver. com...
    > In article <40cad81e$0$17768$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com>,
    > [email]tomtadslweb.co.uk[/email] says...
    > > Hi,
    > > I've been searching but have not been able to find a script that will
    allow
    > > nslookup's using ASP.
    > >
    > > I'm looking to use a form, that will allow users to enter IP addresses
    or
    > > domian names, then preform nslookup type of searches on the entered
    > > information.
    > >
    > > This is for a test server, so would like a free option if one is
    available.

    > I have looked and I have not been able to find anything free.
    >
    > --Dave

    Anthony Guest