Professional Web Applications Themes

aspnet_wp.exe Exception - ASP.NET General

Hi There are several things that might cause this. When I've experienced it, usually it was because something had one or more of the files in my project locked. Check to see if you have Index Server running and/or Antivirus software. Those two are often culprits in this type of behavior when the files are locked. Ravikanth[MVP] >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Is there any way to catch "aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2948) >stopped unexpectedly." Exception in web application > >I am getting the following error message in IE when this >exception happening. > >Server Application Unavailable >The web application you are attempting ...

  1. #1

    Default aspnet_wp.exe Exception

    Hi

    There are several things that might cause this. When I've
    experienced it, usually it was because something had one
    or more of the files in my project locked. Check to see
    if you have Index Server running and/or Antivirus
    software. Those two are often culprits in this type of
    behavior when the files are locked.

    Ravikanth[MVP]

    log
    >entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >Anwar Arakkal
    >
    >.

    Ravikanth[MVP] Guest

  2. #2

    Hi,

    I have anti virus s/w installed on my PC.Please advice me
    what is the next action I have to take.?Is there any way
    to do in programatically?

    Thanks
    Anwar

    Anwar Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: aspnet_wp.exe Exception

    Check out this support link, this will help you
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316148[/url]

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft India Community Star,MC**

    "Anwar" <anwar.a.arakkalpdo.co.om> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have anti virus s/w installed on my PC.Please advice me
    > what is the next action I have to take.?Is there any way
    > to do in programatically?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Anwar

    Saravana Guest