Professional Web Applications Themes

Associate not getting most of my emails - Mac Applications & Software

I have a Pismo running 10.2.6 and using Mail.app as my mailer and using attglobal as my ISP. I have a business associate with a toilet seat iBook running 9.2, on AOL and using AOL proprietary mailer. During the last few months he has only been getting about 25% of my emails though I am getting all of his. I don't have this problem with anyone else, and he claims the same. I suspect that for some reason AOL is filtering most of my emails. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about trying to sort this problem ...

  1. #1

    Default Associate not getting most of my emails

    I have a Pismo running 10.2.6 and using Mail.app as my mailer and using
    attglobal as my ISP. I have a business associate with a toilet seat
    iBook running 9.2, on AOL and using AOL proprietary mailer. During the
    last few months he has only been getting about 25% of my emails though I
    am getting all of his. I don't have this problem with anyone else, and
    he claims the same. I suspect that for some reason AOL is filtering
    most of my emails. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about trying
    to sort this problem out? We are business associates, so unreliable
    email is really a problem.

    TIA

    --
    Paul Fuchs
    paulfuchs-at-attglobal-dot-net

  2. #2

    Default Re: Associate not getting most of my emails

    Paul Fuchs <oink> wrote:

    He should get a real ISP and use a real mail client. End of story. This
    is a business; treat the matter in a business-like way. m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
    matt Guest

  3. #3

    I got this once recently, the ISP I used for this account had been
    declared 'spammer' and was filtered out systematically by people using
    spam filters. Thinks were cleared only weeks after. I now use another
    ISP...

    Herve

    --
    Frédérique & Hervé Sainct, net
    Frédérique's initial is missing in front of the above address

  4. #4

    Frédérique & Hervé Sainct <net> wrote:

    Thanks, Herve. That's pretty much what I suspected. Unfortunately, I
    have tried to get my associate to switch ISP's, but he has resisted it.
    He is not very good with computers, and hates to change anything.

  5. #5

    In article <1g2anwg.ntwzlmiizxggN%oink>,
    oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:

    >Thanks, Herve. That's pretty much what I suspected. Unfortunately, I
    >have tried to get my associate to switch ISP's, but he has resisted it.
    >He is not very good with computers, and hates to change anything.[/ref]

    Well the workaround would be for you to get an AOL account for about
    $9.95 (the bring your own internet version), you access it via TCP/IP
    and use that exclusivly for mail with your associate.

    --
    Ron
    Ron Guest

  6. #6

    Ron Parsons <net> wrote:

    > >Thanks, Herve. That's pretty much what I suspected. Unfortunately, I
    > >have tried to get my associate to switch ISP's, but he has resisted it.
    > >He is not very good with computers, and hates to change anything.[/ref]
    >
    > Well the workaround would be for you to get an AOL account for about
    > $9.95 (the bring your own internet version), you access it via TCP/IP
    > and use that exclusivly for mail with your associate.[/ref]

    Thanks, Ron. That's a good idea,

  7. #7

    In article <1g272op.1r57415favm0wN%oink>,
    oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote:

    Are the ones that aren't getting through the ones with attachments by
    any chance?

    Are you using HTML mail by any chance?

    AOL has a real problem with a) multiple attachments in one email and b)
    HTML mail that isn't spam.

    Since you can't convince your associate to take the training wheels off
    his Internet, I suggest the following:

    1. Make sure you are sending PLAIN TEXT in your emails. This is a good
    rule for email in general. You can find the preference for this in
    Mail's "composing" pref section.

    2. Send no more than ONE attachment per email, and make it a ZIP file if
    at all possible. (Panther, btw, will be doing this automatically when it
    comes out. Handy.)

    3. Make CERTAIN that all attachments from you have a three-letter file
    extension on the, even though they are going to another Mac. AOL seems
    to have SERIOUS problems with any file that doesn't. Idiots.
    --
    Cheers,
    _Chas_