Professional Web Applications Themes

Attatching content to emails using PHP - PHP Development

Andy Turner wrote: > I am working on a membership website which can generate mailing lists > from members details using mySQL queries. I want to be able to send > email newsletters to the members. I know you can do this using the > mail() function but I want to send a PDF file attatchment to the > members as well. Any ideas or suggestions, or even a link to a good > tutorial. I'm not an experienced PHP programmer and just need some > guidance. Thanks in advan Hi Andy, you might want to check out PEARs Mail_mime ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Attatching content to emails using PHP

    Andy Turner wrote:
    > I am working on a membership website which can generate mailing lists
    > from members details using mySQL queries. I want to be able to send
    > email newsletters to the members. I know you can do this using the
    > mail() function but I want to send a PDF file attatchment to the
    > members as well. Any ideas or suggestions, or even a link to a good
    > tutorial. I'm not an experienced PHP programmer and just need some
    > guidance. Thanks in advan
    Hi Andy,

    you might want to check out PEARs Mail_mime class
    [url]http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.mail.php#package.mail.mail[/url]
    or another freely available class at
    [url]http://www.devscripts.com/viewscript.php?sId=1353[/url]

    I have installed the second one on a site and had no problems so
    far. Don't know how well the PEAR-class is doing.

    Cheers
    Frankce.

    frank Guest

  2. #2

    Andy Turner wrote:
    > I am working on a membership website which can generate mailing lists
    > from members details using mySQL queries. I want to be able to send
    > email newsletters to the members. I know you can do this using the
    > mail() function but I want to send a PDF file attatchment to the
    > members as well. Any ideas or suggestions, or even a link to a good
    > tutorial. I'm not an experienced PHP programmer and just need some
    > guidance. Thanks in advance.
    I always use phpmailer if I need attachment support for e-mails. You
    can find the classes as well as the manual here:
    [url]http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net[/url]

    CJ Oxx Guest

  3. #3

    CJ Oxx <cjoxxprogrammer.net> wrote in message news:<3f0075b8$0$1055$ba620e4creader1.news.skynet .be>...
    > Andy Turner wrote:
    > > I am working on a membership website which can generate mailing lists
    > > from members details using mySQL queries. I want to be able to send
    > > email newsletters to the members. I know you can do this using the
    > > mail() function but I want to send a PDF file attatchment to the
    > > members as well. Any ideas or suggestions, or even a link to a good
    > > tutorial. I'm not an experienced PHP programmer and just need some
    > > guidance. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > I always use phpmailer if I need attachment support for e-mails. You
    > can find the classes as well as the manual here:
    > [url]http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net[/url]
    phpMailer for me too. I've tried to write my own got it working on
    Outlook Express and Hotmail, couldn't get it working on other web mail
    systems. Found phpMailer and never had a problem since. Attaching
    files is easy and I always send out mixed HTML/Plain text emails. I
    don't even give my visitors the choice of how they want their emails
    as phpMailer seems to work perfectly.
    Paul Liversidge Guest