Professional Web Applications Themes

Audio in/out on Pismo - Mac Portable

Does anyone know how to get into the external Audio in/out connections on a Pismo? Mine went south just as I realized how cool ProTools free was. I took the book down to hard drive removal and hoped that I could see the backs of the connections, but no luck. If there's anyone out there who could guide me from that point I'd be extremely grateful. I'm assuming that the connections would need either tightening, soldering or replacing, but I haven't been able to get to 'em yet. Thanks TD...

  1. #1

    Default Audio in/out on Pismo

    Does anyone know how to get into the external Audio in/out connections on a
    Pismo? Mine went south just as I realized how cool ProTools free was. I took
    the book down to hard drive removal and hoped that I could see the backs of
    the connections, but no luck. If there's anyone out there who could guide me
    from that point I'd be extremely grateful. I'm assuming that the connections
    would need either tightening, soldering or replacing, but I haven't been
    able to get to 'em yet.
    Thanks
    TD

    Tom D Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Audio in/out on Pismo

    In <BB3B69EE.20AF5%mrdbestweb.net> Tom D wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to get into the external Audio in/out connections
    > on a Pismo? Mine went south just as I realized how cool ProTools free
    > was.
    Consider using a USB A/D device instead; the audio will be a lot better
    in any case. m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = [email]matttidbits.com[/email], [url]http://www.tidbits.com/matt[/url]
    REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition!

  3. #3

    Karl Ploessl <ploesslsunmac.spect.upenn.edu_invalid> wrote:
    > In article <BB3B69EE.20AF5%mrdbestweb.net>, Tom D <mrdbestweb.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to get into the external Audio in/out connections on a
    > > Pismo? Mine went south just as I realized how cool ProTools free was. I took
    > > the book down to hard drive removal and hoped that I could see the backs of
    > > the connections, but no luck. If there's anyone out there who could guide me
    > > from that point I'd be extremely grateful. I'm assuming that the connections
    > > would need either tightening, soldering or replacing, but I haven't been
    > > able to get to 'em yet.
    > > Thanks
    > > TD
    > >

    > I found the service manual at one point on the net
    > [url]http://home.wanadoo.nl/manual.man/manuals.html[/url],
    > that might help. the other possibilty is to use the USB ports with imic
    > (griffintechnology) etc.
    >
    > Karl.
    Had the same problem with my Pismo audio out jack and also couldn't
    figure how to reach it. My son had an extra iMic, but my music didn't
    sound good with it. Picked up an M-Audio Sonica and am very happy with
    the quality of sound. But unlike the iMic, it's just one way - audio
    out. My audio in jack is fine so I could get away with it. Although a
    lot of people think the audio out on the iMic is just fine, I would
    suggest you borrow one and try it if you use your machine for music.
    --
    Paul Fuchs
    paulfuchs-at-attglobal-dot-net

  4. #4

    In article <1fytkqn.79xkgpudzeyiN%mikael.lastnamemac.com>, Mikael
    Bystroem <mikael.lastnamemac.com> writes

    >Echo seem to have new PCMCIA Indigo Pro Audio card
    ><http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/IndigoIO/index.php> with stereo in
    >and out coming out in August. If you want very good 24 bit/96 khz
    >affordable audio quality I'd check it out.
    But will it support ProTools Free? Digidesign manufacture their products
    in a way that encourages the purchase of Digidesign hardware.
    --
    [email]SamsontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk[/email]
    Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me

  5. #5

    I just want to thank everybody for their help on this problem. After reading
    the Pismo service manual, I realized that there would be about two pieces
    left assembled in the laptop by the time I got to the audio i/o, so I'm
    putting that project on ice for awhile. But thanks for all your alternative
    suggestions. As for what I've discovered on my own research, Tascam makes a
    neat little interface (the US 122, I think it's called, $199) that seems to
    best fit my needs. I may just end up going with one of the newer little
    4track machines that have been coming out over the past year or so, and
    bypass my Pismo's audio circuitry entirely.
    Thanks again
    Tom D
    article BB3B69EE.20AF5%mrdbestweb.net, Tom D at [email]mrdbestweb.net[/email] wrote
    on 7/16/03 8:45 PM:
    > Does anyone know how to get into the external Audio in/out connections on a
    > Pismo? Mine went south just as I realized how cool ProTools free was. I took
    > the book down to hard drive removal and hoped that I could see the backs of
    > the connections, but no luck. If there's anyone out there who could guide me
    > from that point I'd be extremely grateful. I'm assuming that the connections
    > would need either tightening, soldering or replacing, but I haven't been
    > able to get to 'em yet.
    > Thanks
    > TD

    Tom D Guest