Professional Web Applications Themes

Audio Problem with Flash 9 - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi, Everybody! I am using Firefox and Windows XP. I just upgraded to Flash Player 9. The earlier version of Flash worked perfectly. However, with the new version I'm getting only video and not audio. I went to the various ready made doents on the Adobe website that appear to deal with this--but none of their recommendations have worked. Uninstalled and reinstalled, also without any change. Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do? Thanks! Spence...

  1. #1

    Default Audio Problem with Flash 9

    Hi, Everybody!

    I am using Firefox and Windows XP. I just upgraded to Flash Player 9. The
    earlier version of Flash worked perfectly. However, with the new version I'm
    getting only video and not audio. I went to the various ready made doents
    on the Adobe website that appear to deal with this--but none of their
    recommendations have worked. Uninstalled and reinstalled, also without any
    change. Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do?

    Thanks!

    Spence

    SpencePorter Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Audio Problem with Flash 9

    Hi Spence:

    I had an audio problem but I use IE 7. Anyway, I went back to an earlier
    version that worked. Here's how I did it:

    1. Get the latest uninstaller version for 9.0.115.0 and put it in your C
    directory. Go to START, RUN, type cmd <enter> at the command prompt, type cd
    C:\ then <enter>, now type, uninstall_flash_player.exe/clean. After the
    uninstall program runs, RESTART your computer.

    See below:

    Adobe Flash Player Support

    Reinstalling an earlier version of Adobe Flash Player

    Contact Adobe:

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402435&sliceId=1

    Safe versions security restrictions when installing Flash Player

    Issue

    If you previously installed a later version of Flash Player for Internet
    Explorer, you may be prevented from installing an earlier version. For example,
    if you installed Flash Player 9.0.47.0 and attempted to install version
    9.0.45.0 the installation would fail.

    Reason

    This issue is due to registry key settings applied by the Flash Player
    security model. The restriction is to prevent users from downgrading Flash
    Player minor versions. The minor version of Flash Player is the third set of
    numbers in the version name. For example, the minor version for Flash Player
    9.0.47.0 would be 47. If Flash Player 9.0.47.0 was installed and you attempted
    to install 9.0.45.0 (minor version 45), the installation would fail.

    Solution

    To resolve this, download the uninstaller for Flash Player from "How to
    uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control" (TechNote
    tn_14157).

    Select Start.
    Select Run.
    Type cmd
    In the command window, type the following:
    uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean
    This will remove all entries in the system registry and resolve this issue.
    Note: The uninstall_flash_player.exe file must be saved to the same directory
    that the command window is in, for example C:\.

    Additional Information

    If you are still having trouble installing Flash Player, please see
    "Troubleshooting Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows" (TechNote
    tn_19166).

    TechNote Details
    Last Update: 08-16-2007
    ID: kb402435
    OS: Windows Vista
    Windows XP

    Browser: Internet Explorer

    Permanent Link: http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402435
    Products Affected: Flash Player

    2. Get the correct version for your operating system and browser.

    Go here to find the Archived Downloads:

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2

    You will find the past versions with specific install files for your
    particular operating system and browser along with the uninstall fle needed in
    the download for 0.0 version. Read carefully the descriptions in the ReadMe
    after you download and choose precisely which install file you need to run.

    May sound complicated, but it is easy.

    All the best to you.

    Pauli47 Guest

  3. #3

    Dear Pauli47,

    It worked!!! Thank you!

    Best,

    Spence
    SpencePorter Guest

  4. #4

    I tried to uninstall the program with your instructions but when I typed in
    uninstall_flash_player.exe/clean, I got a message on the screen that said it
    does not recognize it as an internal or external command, operable program or
    batch file. Can you please give me a suggestion about what to do next?

    joyamg Guest

  5. #5

    This happened to me too, but I found that it was because I did not have the
    uninstall file in the correct location.

    First, be certain that you have the most cuurent uninstall file. Follow the
    instructions in this link:

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

    When you are certain that you have the current uninstall file version
    9.0.115.0, make sure you put it in the same directory as your command prompt. I
    suggest that you put the file, uninstall_flash_player.exe, in your C directory.
    Open your C Drive and put it on C at its first level, ie, C:\.

    Now go to START, then RUN, then type cmd <enrer>. If the command prompt is
    already C:\, you can proceed to run the uninstall. If this prompt is different,
    you will get the error you described.

    At your command prompt, the prompt that appears after your typed cmd <enter>,
    simply type CD C:\ <enter>. This DOD command changes the directory to the C:\
    location where you have placed the uninstall file.

    Now, at C:\ type, uninstall_flash_player.exe/clean. It should run and confirm
    the uninstall with details.

    Restart your computer,

    Now you can run an archived install file of your choosing. Be careful to
    select the one that is suitable for your system and your browser.

  6. #6

    This happened to me too, but I found that it was because I did not have the
    uninstall file in the correct location.

    First, be certain that you have the most cuurent uninstall file. Follow the
    instructions in this link:

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

    When you are certain that you have the current uninstall file version
    9.0.115.0, make sure you put it in the same directory as your command prompt. I
    suggest that you put the file, uninstall_flash_player.exe, in your C directory.
    Open your C Drive and put it on C at its first level, ie, C:\.

    Now go to START, then RUN, then type cmd <enrer>. If the command prompt is
    already C:\, you can proceed to run the uninstall. If this prompt is different,
    you will get the error you described.

    At your command prompt, the prompt that appears after your typed cmd <enter>,
    simply type CD C:\ <enter>. This DOS command changes the directory to the C:\