Professional Web Applications Themes

AusPhotographers Comp for June has been completed ... - Photography

[url]http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php[/url] Congratulations to all who entered, the standard was really good ... Congratulations to Gary Eckert who has won the judging section and a big thanks to Jason Milligan of [url]www.jasonphotos.net[/url] for judging the comp. New comp details will be available shortly at [url]http://www.aus-photographers.com/comp.php[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default AusPhotographers Comp for June has been completed ...

    [url]http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php[/url]

    Congratulations to all who entered, the standard was really good ...

    Congratulations to Gary Eckert who has won the judging section and a big
    thanks to Jason Milligan of [url]www.jasonphotos.net[/url] for judging the comp.

    New comp details will be available shortly at

    [url]http://www.aus-photographers.com/comp.php[/url]

    VH-MR2 Guest

  2. #2

    Nice pics Gary, good work :)
    Congrats everyone!

    Dammit, been too busy the last couple months, or could have entered this one
    too! :(

    "VH-MR2" <sickoyouNOTREQUIREDZZZZZwarbirdz.net> wrote in message
    > [url]http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php[/url]
    >
    > Congratulations to all who entered, the standard was really good ...
    >
    > Congratulations to Gary Eckert who has won the judging section and a big
    > thanks to Jason Milligan of [url]www.jasonphotos.net[/url] for judging the comp.
    >
    > New comp details will be available shortly at
    >
    > [url]http://www.aus-photographers.com/comp.php[/url]

    Scott Marshall Guest

  3. #3

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:47:00 +1000, "VH-MR2"
    <sickoyouNOTREQUIREDZZZZZwarbirdz.net> wrote:
    > [url]http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php[/url]
    >
    > Congratulations to all who entered, the standard was really good ...
    >
    > Congratulations to Gary Eckert who has won the judging section and a big
    > thanks to Jason Milligan of [url]www.jasonphotos.net[/url] for judging the comp.
    A worthy winner.

    Gary's piccies show that there is still room for B/W photography in the modern
    age.

    A bit more than Guest

  4. #4

    In article <3efd2c41$1iridium.webone.com.au>,
    "VH-MR2" <sickoyouNOTREQUIREDZZZZZwarbirdz.net> wrote:
    >[url]http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php[/url]
    >
    >Congratulations to all who entered, the standard was really good ...
    >
    >Congratulations to Gary Eckert who has won the judging section and a big
    >thanks to Jason Milligan of [url]www.jasonphotos.net[/url] for judging the comp.
    I thought it was "Ruins" or something like that. But according to
    <http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php> it's:

    Competition 17 - Transport
    WINNER - Gary Eckert

    But I liked it anyway. ;-)
    >New comp details will be available shortly at
    >
    >[url]http://www.aus-photographers.com/comp.php[/url]

    Cheers, Phred.

    --
    [email]ppnerkDELETETHIS.INVA[/email]LID

    Phred Guest

  5. #5

    "Phred" <ppnerkDELETETHIS> wrote in message
    > In article <3efd2c41$1iridium.webone.com.au>,
    >
    > I thought it was "Ruins" or something like that. But according to
    > <http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php> it's:
    >
    > Competition 17 - Transport
    > WINNER - Gary Eckert
    *blush*

    > But I liked it anyway. ;-)
    New comp's subject is "WATER" ....

    VH-MR2 Guest

  6. #6

    VH-MR2 wrote:
    > New comp's subject is "WATER" ....
    Fantastic! Here I am, in the middle of the worst drought in a century,
    not even enough water to put a shallow-hulled-punt on the river, and the
    subject is water!

    Don't worry, I'll find something :o)

    ahennell Guest

  7. #7

    You more than likely are going to find the BEST 'water' shot... just think
    about it....

    Trevor C
    Townsville.

    "ahennell" <andrewhennell.com.au.com> wrote in message
    > VH-MR2 wrote:
    >
    > > New comp's subject is "WATER" ....
    >
    > Fantastic! Here I am, in the middle of the worst drought in a century,
    > not even enough water to put a shallow-hulled-punt on the river, and the
    > subject is water!
    >
    > Don't worry, I'll find something :o)

    Pure Emotion Guest

  8. #8

    Pure Emotion wrote:
    > You more than likely are going to find the BEST 'water' shot... just think
    > about it....
    oh absolutely.. just finding the time to go now :o)

    ahennell Guest

  9. #9

    "A bit more than" <tipsybeerlover.com.au> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:47:00 +1000, "VH-MR2"
    > <sickoyouNOTREQUIREDZZZZZwarbirdz.net> wrote:
    >
    > > [url]http://www.aus-photographers.net/comp/june03.php[/url]
    > >
    > > Congratulations to all who entered, the standard was really good ...
    > >
    > > Congratulations to Gary Eckert who has won the judging section and a big
    > > thanks to Jason Milligan of [url]www.jasonphotos.net[/url] for judging the comp.
    >
    > A worthy winner.
    >
    > Gary's piccies show that there is still room for B/W photography in the
    modern
    > age.

    Hmmm wonder if I should have done mine as a B&W.

    Good pix that one - my favourite

    cheers
    pix

    pix Guest

  10. #10

    > "pix" <pixNOSPAM*.pacific.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Just noticed that some of the entrants photos are from OS - are the
    > entrants
    > > themselves from other countries? If so, welcome, and all the better as
    far
    > > as I am concerned!
    > >
    > > cheers
    > > pix
    >
    > Some of the email addresses indicate they are indeed, from OS :-) We're
    > branching out ... if we can get a little more interest we could even try
    for
    > some real prizes :o)

    The only problem is that prizes sent OS start to become a pain with the
    export/import rules.... that is why Steve's Digicams POTD stopped taking
    entries from out side the US a little while ago, also the same reason I have
    kept mine to an Australian competition only.

    It would be nice if we could find an easy way. :-)

    Russell Stewart
    Australian Digital Photo Of The Day
    [url]http://www.pixelpix.com.au/adpotd.html[/url]

    Russell Stewart Guest

  11. #11

    "Pure Emotion" <TrevorNOSPAMPureEmotion.com.au> wrote in message
    news:3efe4f0b$0$30822$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > Maybe contact one of the leading magazines with view to printing the
    winning
    > entries..? this should receive support...from Oz as well as offshore...
    Great idea! It's funny too, as I have just confirmed that one of
    Australia's Digital Photo Mags will be donating 2 x 12 month subscriptions
    each month to be used as prizes.... I will put it to them. :-)

    Thanks

  12. #12

    Wow, I'd better dust off the camera... <smile.>

    Trevor C.
    Townsville.

  13. #13

    > The only problem is that prizes sent OS start to become a pain with the
    > export/import rules.... that is why Steve's Digicams POTD stopped taking
    > entries from out side the US a little while ago, also the same reason I
    have
    > kept mine to an Australian competition only.
    >
    > It would be nice if we could find an easy way. :-)
    The best way to ruin a hobby is to make it a contest.

    Miro Guest

  14. #14

    Miro wrote:

    > > The only problem is that prizes sent OS start to become a pain with the
    > > export/import rules.... that is why Steve's Digicams POTD stopped taking
    > > entries from out side the US a little while ago, also the same reason I
    > have
    > > kept mine to an Australian competition only.
    > >
    > > It would be nice if we could find an easy way. :-)
    >
    > The best way to ruin a hobby is to make it a contest.
    Yep.. those damn racing drivers / go carters / remote control car
    drivers/ sailors / footballers / tennis players / karate competitors/
    skiers/ long distance runners / skateboarder / touch football players /
    gymnasts / dog show people / etc. etc... they just ruin those hobbies
    with their nasty competitions.
    Brenton
    Brenton Guest

  15. #15

    "Pure Emotion" <TrevorNOSPAMPureEmotion.com.au> wrote in message
    news:3efe56e2$0$30823$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > Wow, I'd better dust off the camera... <smile.>
    You better dust it off now, because we have a 15Gb X-Drive II up for grabs
    next month. :-)

  16. #16

    "ChrisMc" <cmcclellauyahooSPAM.com.au> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:59:01 +1000, "pix" <pixNOSPAM*.pacific.net.au>
    > wrote:
    > I want Luka's job ;) .... Rome and Croatia within a few weeks AND
    > time to shoot and submit as well ...awesome !! :)
    Yes :-)

    VH-MR2 Guest

  17. #17

    Get your own ideas! *wink*

    :-)

  18. #18

    > Yep.. those damn racing drivers / go carters / remote control car
    > drivers/ sailors / footballers / tennis players / karate competitors/
    > skiers/ long distance runners / skateboarder / touch football players /
    > gymnasts / dog show people / etc. etc... they just ruin those hobbies
    > with their nasty competitions.
    > Brenton
    I read that in New Zealand the school kids have sport with no winners and no
    losers. So make sure you dont teach in New Zealand.

    Miro Guest

  19. #19

    Miro wrote:

    > > Yep.. those damn racing drivers / go carters / remote control car
    > > drivers/ sailors / footballers / tennis players / karate competitors/
    > > skiers/ long distance runners / skateboarder / touch football players /
    > > gymnasts / dog show people / etc. etc... they just ruin those hobbies
    > > with their nasty competitions.
    > > Brenton
    >
    > I read that in New Zealand the school kids have sport with no winners and no
    > losers. So make sure you dont teach in New Zealand.
    Is that why the Kiwi's are never good at international sports, they
    never learnt to win as children ;-)

    Education philosophies made up by the ex-nerds of school who go to uni
    and get degrees in "creating self esteem" and become public servants who
    think that everyone would benefit from being treated as a nerd.
    Kids know who wins and who loose whether adults label 1st 2nd and 3rd or
    not.
    BRenton
    Brenton Guest

  20. #20

    "Brenton" <neuschulzbigpond.com> wrote in message
    > Miro wrote:
    > >

    > > > Yep.. those damn racing drivers / go carters / remote control car
    > > > drivers/ sailors / footballers / tennis players / karate competitors/
    > > > skiers/ long distance runners / skateboarder / touch football players
    /
    > > > gymnasts / dog show people / etc. etc... they just ruin those hobbies
    > > > with their nasty competitions.
    > > > Brenton
    > >
    > > I read that in New Zealand the school kids have sport with no winners
    and no
    > > losers. So make sure you dont teach in New Zealand.
    >
    > Is that why the Kiwi's are never good at international sports, they
    > never learnt to win as children ;-)
    What is winning exactly ? Even the Olympics have only the average players if
    you consider that one country can only take its best entry. I am convinced
    that the Australian swimming team would have only a dozen swimmers if they
    could rest between races.

    You are brainwashed.

    Miro Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast