Professional Web Applications Themes

Automatic imaging resizing for different window sizes? - Macromedia Fireworks

Tried searching but not found anything suitable. Basically i have a rectangle with a "hatch5" fill, exported to a gif file which i use as a background in a table. If the browser window size is changed then i need the rectangle to change along with it, without distorting the background Any ideas?? Ta Andy...

  1. #1

    Default Automatic imaging resizing for different window sizes?

    LotusAndy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    :
    : Basically i have a rectangle with a "hatch5" fill, exported to a gif file
    which i use as a background in a table.
    :
    : If the browser window size is changed then i need the rectangle to change
    along with it, without distorting the background
    :
    : Any ideas??
    :
    Hi Andy,

    I've just had a play with this, and discovered you need to be very precise
    with your cropping.

    I've attached an image that works, however if you try to recreate it by
    making an image 35x35px and filling with the hatch it doesn't work. So make
    the image a little bigger and then crop so you get 1 corner with the lines
    exactly on the edge. Zoom to 400% to see what I mean.

    Peter R.

    Peter R. Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for the reply

    erm whats the code at the bottom of your reply and how do i use it (sorry i should have explained that i am a numpty at this fireworks business!)

  4. #4

    "LotusAndy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    : thanks for the reply
    :
    : erm whats the code at the bottom of your reply and how do i use it (sorry
    i should have explained that i am a numpty at this fireworks business!)
    :
    No problem Andy, I attached an image to demonstrate what I was talking
    about, but it seems your using a different news reader that has turned the
    image into gobbledegook code.

    I can mail it to you direct if you like?

    Peter R.

    Peter R. Guest

  5. #5

    Peter

    Thanks for the reply. Now i've opened the messages in newsgroups rather
    than in a web browser then i can open the attachment!

    If you take the gif that you have sent and change the width then the
    hatch distorts.

    I'm trying to find away of avoiding this when i resize the table in DMX
    (i need to retain the basic shape of the background rectangle otherwise
    i wouldn't have a problem i suppose)

    Ta

    Andy

    Peter R. wrote:
    > "LotusAndy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > : thanks for the reply
    > :
    > : erm whats the code at the bottom of your reply and how do i use it (sorry
    > i should have explained that i am a numpty at this fireworks business!)
    > :
    > No problem Andy, I attached an image to demonstrate what I was talking
    > about, but it seems your using a different news reader that has turned the
    > image into gobbledegook code.
    >
    > I can mail it to you direct if you like?
    >
    > Peter R.

    Lotus Andy Guest