Professional Web Applications Themes

AVERY templates for photoshop - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi there I know Melissa asked this a few months ago, but has anyone found any AVERY business card templates for use with photoshop? I'm surprised Avery has no Adobe templates, just MS word. Maybe there's a sour business relation there? I could not find any user-made templates on the net either. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it. I am using the photo glossy stock avery biz cards # 8879 and if you have advice, my email is net I dont have MS word and dont intend to get it! esp just to do cards with. Avery has the ...

  1. #1

    Default AVERY templates for photoshop

    Hi there
    I know Melissa asked this a few months ago, but has anyone found
    any AVERY business card templates for use with photoshop?
    I'm surprised Avery has no Adobe templates, just MS word.
    Maybe there's a sour business relation there?
    I could not find any user-made templates on the net either.

    If someone could help, I'd appreciate it. I am using the photo glossy stock avery biz cards # 8879 and if you have advice, my email is net

    I dont have MS word and dont intend to get it! esp just to do cards with.
    Avery has the MS word template, but if i open it with wordpad, it looks awful and the picture that i cut & paste from photoshop looks pixelated and is the wrong size. Useless!
    Daraghy, Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: AVERY templates for photoshop

    Avery has a FREE program called Design Pro Limited you can download from their website. Click on the Software link and then Design Pro. It comes with some clipart and a few templates, but you can design from scratch with ease. If it has an Avery #, you can design it in this program (they want to sell you labels of course). It works MUCH better than MS Word for doing labels, which still for some reason uses tables for label layouts.

    Patti
    Anderson, Guest

  3. #3

    > Avery has a FREE program called Design Pro Limited you can download from
    their website. Click on the Software link and then Design Pro. It comes with
    some clipart and a few templates, but you can design from scratch with ease.
    If it has an Avery #, you can design it in this program (they want to sell
    you labels of course). It works MUCH better than MS Word for doing labels,
    which still for some reason uses tables for label layouts.

    Note that DesignPro has the ability to create new label layouts to your own
    design and can then be used with any make or type of label. (Something I do
    regularly). It also allows the import of database text of various types and
    has the ability to create database files of dBase format.

    It is an excellent program and I highly recommend it.

    Chris

    Chris Guest

  4. #4

    Charles,
    The HP site also has templates. You can make a logo in Elements and import the file to business card, etc.
    <http://www.hp.com/sbso/productivity/office/index.html>
    Ken
    Kenneth_Liffmann@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Charles,

    There are several solutions for printing the business cards that would allow
    you to design and print your business cards right from PSE without any
    templates.

    One would be to create a "picture package" with 10 - 2X3.5's. You could use
    the 8 - 2.5X3.5's as a starting point but would need to add the vertical and
    horizontal pitch, (the space between the cards), since I believe the paper
    you have has a "break-off" in both directions and change the 2.5 to 2", the
    standard business card size. (There are detailed instructions for creating
    your own picture packages in Help).

    The other way is to buy plain (or colored) card stock instead of specialty
    paper. The cost of cards drops considerably. I print quite a few
    business cards in the manner and it is great using PSE to design them.
    (have a look
    http://home.comcast.net/~peted1/wsb/html/view.cgi-image.html--SiteID-978458.html )
    ..

    Once the 2X3.5" card is designed you do need a printer that is capable of
    "tiled" printing so you can have just the one card open but print 8 or 10.
    Or if you happen to have any program that handle this task; I use MS
    Publisher and that allows me to set the margins and pitch. For 10 cards it
    is .75 top and bottom and .5 side margin with the pitch set to zero on H and
    V.

    Print and with a paper cutter, first cut the margins (.75 off the top and
    bottom and the .5 from sides). Then it is a simple task to cut them into
    2" strips (trailing edge at 10", then 8", then 6" etc), gather those
    together and cut at 3.5, and you have a nice neat stack of 10 cards. Once
    you do this a few times it goes very quickly.

    I don't mind sharing that this is a nice side business because a lot of home
    businesses cannot afford full color business cards, (the design and setup
    that is charged is high too). The only investment is a good 12" paper
    cutter to get a clean cut. (Make sure you know the maximum weight paper
    that your printer can handle and buy card stock accordingly at a paper
    supply). A printer with rear manual feed is best but I think some of the
    newer printers work ok with card stock.

    PeteD

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Jodi,

    You would be excellent at this. (business cards) Small boutiques don't
    like to have B&W business cards and like I said, color is expensive. Not a
    lot of money in it but not a lot of time either.

    :-)

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Pete's right, Jodi. If you could get your name in front of people with something like this, it would be a great way to go on to other things.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Business cards ? < putting head down and looking off to side with hands behind back > I use my dinky Printmaster software to print my business cards....it's just easy....templates for Avery biz card sheets ( bought at Walmart )and lots of them. I DO however do my graphics in Elements because Printmaster was wise enough to allow for psd format.

    Pete, Thanks for thinking of me. Your idea to use the picture package would probably work just fine. Not sure I'm really needed to create biz cards though...not too much you can mess up with there ;)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    ....not too much you can mess up with there ;)

    Jodi,

    Prior to 1990 or thereabouts ALL business cards were made by graphic
    artists. Computers came in to common use and anyone could make business
    cards but not necessarily good ones. Also many of the cards I make have
    pictures I have taken on them.

    There is plenty to "fiddle" with and a market there for talented artists
    (and especially ones with new cameras).

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest