Professional Web Applications Themes

B&H Photo Web Site Down? - Photography

Has anyone else had difficulty logging on to the B&H Photo web site since July 19? For the past two days I have gotten this message: Unable to read URL from host www.bhphotovideo.com: no response from server...

  1. #1

    Default B&H Photo Web Site Down?

    Has anyone else had difficulty logging on to the B&H Photo web site since
    July 19? For the past two days I have gotten this message:
    Unable to read URL from host www.bhphotovideo.com: no response from server

    FEF Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: B&H Photo Web Site Down?

    "FEF" <com> wrote in message
    Works for me......don't they have a toll free number you can call?

    Mike Guest

  3. #3

    "Mike" <net> wrote in message
    news:PLKSa.14322$prod.itd.earthlink.net... [/ref]
    since [/ref]
    server
    > Works for me......don't they have a toll free number you can call?[/ref]

    What part of the country are you from?

    Mark Guest

  4. #4

    "Mark M" <net> wrote in message
    news:hTKSa.13076$.. [/ref]
    > since [/ref]
    > server
    > > Works for me......don't they have a toll free number you can call?[/ref]
    >
    > What part of the country are you from?
    >
    >[/ref]

    Near Seattle

    Mike Guest

  5. #5

    I'm in Oakland, California, using Comcast Broadband (cable). No problem on
    other web sites, just B&H. I called B&H today and they claim there's no
    problem.

    I'll have to give this week's business to Adorama. Their site works fine for
    me.

    --FEF

    "Mark M" <net> wrote in message
    news:YOKSa.13075$.. [/ref]
    since [/ref]
    server

    FEF Guest

  6. #6

    "FEF" <com> wrote in message
    for
    ?? While you were on the phone with B&H why didn't you give them your
    order?

    Mike Guest

  7. #7

    On 20-Jul-2003, "FEF" <com> wrote:

    San Jose, SBC DSL, no problem

    --
    Tom Thackrey
    www.creative-light.com

  8. #8

    B&H site came back on line for me at 11 pm PDT tonight. It was out for about
    36 hours.

    "FEF" <com> wrote in message

    FEF Guest

  9. #9

    I guess they don't allow phone orders.........

    "FEF" <com> wrote in message
    about [/ref]
    since [/ref]
    server

    >[/ref]

    Mike Guest

  10. #10

    com (FEF) wrote in <JjKSa.109660$Ph3.14363sccrnsc04>:

    No problem from here. (Switzerland)
    Did you check, if you can resolve www.bhphotovideo.com?

    -Leonhard
    Leonhard Guest

  11. #11

    Mark M wrote:

    > It's not working for me either (West coast).[/ref]

    Nor for me in Thailand

    Steve Kramer
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    http://www.photoenvisions.com

    --
    "The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,
    but in seeing with new eyes." - Marcel Proust

  12. #12

    OOOOOpsssss, Wait a minute I'll plug that thing back in......

     [/ref][/ref]
    server
    > Nor for me in Thailand
    > Steve Kramer
    > Chiang Mai, Thailand
    > http://www.photoenvisions.com[/ref]

    ajacobs2 Guest

  13. #13

    "FEF" (com) writes:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com

    is working here Ottawa, Canada. I note they changed their webpages a bit.
    So maybe their webmaster took the site off-line

    Darrell Guest

  14. #14

    ajacobs2 wrote:

    How can I find the plug when there is no light? We have a power failure
    right now.

     [/ref]

  15. #15

    It's been down for me here near Toronto, Canada as well.
    I tried to call them on their toll-free, however after going through the
    myriad of menus and getting to a person who transferred me to a number that
    had a message which said "leave a message" -- I did!
    All this jogged my memory as to why I hadn't submitted an order by phone in
    about 6 or 7 years.
    Anyhow, it was up again about 9:30am this morning so all is well with the
    world again.
    Happy shopping.
    Bob

    "FEF" <com> wrote in message

    Robert Guest

  16. #16

    Henry:
    Let's be sensible about this - if you call trying to contact those who
    apparently control your public face on the internet to advise them a)they
    are still down b)your competitors are still up and c) how long do you expect
    it to last -- if you call this a complaint (especially after receiving
    your answer directly which said "it works for me"!!), then we certainly
    have some basic differences which should illustrate appropriately why I was
    in no mood to submit an order by phone.
    Something even the most hardened retailer should appreciate is -- I
    didn't order from your competitors who were up!!!
    Best regards,
    Bob

    "BandHPhoto" <com> wrote in message
    that
    memory
    an

    Robert Guest

  17. #17

    "FEF" <com> wrote in message news:<JjKSa.109660$Ph3.14363sccrnsc04>...

    Some folks have reported it the past few days:

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB18&Number=152322&page=0 &view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

    Seems to work fine for some and not for others. Non browser
    sensitive... Who knows.

    Thomas E. Witte

    www.mindspring.com/~photoj
    Thomas Guest

  18. #18

    in message <com>,
    wrote Steve Kramer ...

    > How can I find the plug when there is no light? We have a power
    > failure right now.[/ref]

    By feeling. Move along your fingers around the socket; wherever
    fingers sink, must be the holes for the plug. Guide the plug pins
    in the socket w/ your fingers, feeling the positions of socket hole
    & the pins alternatively.

    Hurry, before the light comes on...

    - parv

    --
    In order to reach me, do away w/ WhereElse in the address.

    A programmer, budding Unix system administrator, and amateur photographer
    seeks employment: http://www103.pair.com/parv/work/
    parv Guest

  19. #19

    I called B&H a few days ago to order a new hand held light meter, and did
    get directed to a big phone "tree" directory of departments ("press 1 for
    camers and camera accessories,press 2...."). However, after a couple of key
    presses, I was connected to a sales rep who's job was not to "force"
    anything on me, but to be sure the desired item was in stock, and to get my
    personal info right. I would have used the internet, but I was on vacation
    and away from my PC. The item arrived overhight just as promised. Perfect
    service.
    In sort - I had no problems with the B&H phone system, no problems with the
    sales reps, no problems with the service they gave. And as of today - no
    problems with their web site either. We all have occasional shopping
    disasters, and we all bump into obnoxious personel once in a while. I'm
    sure B&H management would be anxious to know about any bad experience,
    especially the names of employees who detracted from an encounter.

    "Scott Chapin" <net> wrote in message
    > Oh, I don't know. I use it as a catalogue to research and decide prior to
    > picking up the phone. I don't want a salesman to try to cross sell me, or
    > suggest anything that I might not be happy with. No offense to the
    > salespeople, I just like to be self educated on what I'm buying.
    >
    >[/ref]

    Pieter Guest

  20. #20

    Peter

    Don't get the wrong inpression, I don't have a problem with the sales staff
    either. They are courteous, prompt and helpful. I just like to research my
    purchase prior to ordering, because I don't want suggestions, well intended
    as they may be, which don't solve my needs.

    B&H is the best, bar none.

    Scott

    Scott Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast