Professional Web Applications Themes

B&W - SEPIA - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I would like to print my B&W pictures in a sepia tone. Does anybody have experience in this?...

  1. #1

    Default B&W - SEPIA

    I would like to print my B&W pictures in a sepia tone. Does anybody have experience in this?
    Werner Reisacher Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: B&W - SEPIA

    It's right here: Raymond Robillard, "Sepia tones-help a newbie,please !!!!" #2, 17 Aug 2003 4:10 am </cgi-bin/webx?50.2cccdd8a/1>

    Ray, I think Search is not working yet...

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  3. #3

    Leen,

    Did you actually edit after you posted? If so, how did you do it??

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  4. #4

    Leen Koper wrote:
    > The easiest way to produce a sepia tone:
    > create a new copy layer of your RGB image, go to Layer Styles and choose Sepia.
    Leen, isn't that for Photoshop? In Elements, I don't think there is a
    Sepia style. I can't say for sure, though, because for some reason, I
    can never access that. It's always greyed out and I can't select
    anything in that menu (except for hide/show all effects, or copy and
    clear). Anyway, I'm pretty sure I remember reading here that the sepia
    style is in Photoshop only, and that in Elements you have to fake it (or
    maybe I dreamed that up).

    Vicky Bilaniuk Guest

  5. #5

    Vicky,

    Sepia is indeed on Elements 2.0, under the Effects palette.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

    Ray, you are right. It is under the Effects palette.

    If you aren't quite satisfied with this "ready made" sepia colour, use the hue slider and adapt the colour to your personal taste. Quick and easy.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  7. #7

    That is why I suggested this method on another thread. Creating an adjustment layer for this
    picture ensures that, if you don't like the printed result, you can go back and change it ;)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  8. #8

    Ray forgive me if you already posted this somewhere;

    Basic Sepia tone>hue/saturation adjustment layer:

    hue=30
    sat=25
    Jodi Frye Guest

  9. #9

    Ray and Vickie...I have the Sepia (PSE2) under Layer Styles...Photographic Effects. But it is not too successful whith photos I have tried it on.

    Put "Sepia" in the search on PSE (somewhere across the top) and it will bring up Hints... and walk you step by step through a way to do sepia where you have some control. Or just go through your Hints list and find it. Dorothy
    D. Brinkmann Guest

  10. #10

    And if you want yet another way to turn things sepia....add a gradient mask adjustment layer and set up a gradient which runs from a very dark brown or black on the lefthand side and up through browns to white. Ths allows all sorts of colourising and sepia tones, with a great deal of colour and tone flexibility depending on the gradient used - duo, tri and multi tones from the subtle to the garish. It's one of my favorite toys in Elements. You can just save the gradients to load for other images.

    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  11. #11

    Or you could try this: after converting to rgb, go to Enhance > Adjust Color > Color variations then Midtones >Increase red (one click)>decrease blue (one click)

    You can play with it from there to get the color you're looking for.

    CR
    Chris Rankin Guest

  12. #12

    Ray wrote:
    > Vicky,
    >
    > Sepia is indeed on Elements 2.0, under the Effects palette.
    OK, I've spent days looking for sepia, of any kind, on my system, and it
    isn't there. Not under the effects palette, and not even in the help.
    The *only* mentioning of the word sepia in the help is under conte
    crayon, whatever that is. I'm using Elements 2.0 for OSX. Is it
    possible that those of you who have sepia under the effects palette are
    using a slightly different version from me, or that perhaps you've
    installed some addon that you've forgotten about? I'm using a
    completely unmodified installation (i.e. no addons whatsoever).

    I wish I could remember for sure, but I'm fairly certain that I read
    here, some time back, that Elements does not do sepia by default, and
    that you have to fake it.

    Vicky Bilaniuk Guest

  13. #13

    Vicky,

    I believe you are correct that Elements does not have sepia. Maybe Ray
    will read this and tell us where he got it because I do not have it either.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  14. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  15. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Vince Staffo Guest
    Moderated Post

  16. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  17. #17

    I assure you that Elements 2 has a sepia effect included; it's under
    Layer Styles/Photographic Effects, as found in the palette well.

    I have not installed anyone's add-on effects.

    The effect is too "orange" IMHO, however.

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  18. #18

    > I assure you that Elements 2 has a sepia effect included; it's under
    > Layer Styles/Photographic Effects, as found in the palette well.

    And sure enough it is there. Thanks Mac... for clearing this up.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  19. #19

    Pete D wrote:
    >>I assure you that Elements 2 has a sepia effect included; it's under
    >>Layer Styles/Photographic Effects, as found in the palette well.
    >

    > And sure enough it is there. Thanks Mac... for clearing this up.
    Yes, I found it too. Thanks! I feel so blind. ;-) I was looking in
    entirely the wrong area.

    (BTW I played with it and it doesn't seem too orange to me, but people
    always tell me that my colour perception is different - oh well)

    Vicky Bilaniuk Guest

  20. #20

    Vicky,

    I think someone said it was in "effects" and threw us off :-) But that is
    probably a different sepia tool.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast