Professional Web Applications Themes

Background Music - HTML & CSS

Is there a way to place background music in Dreamweaver MX without having to use a mp3 embedded flash movie? DoC...

  1. #1

    Default Background Music

    DoctorChicago webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Background Music

    > Is there a way to place background music in Dreamweaver MX without having
    to use a mp3 embedded flash movie?

    First of all, really think twice about doing that. ;o)

    Secondly, the Flash method is probably the best in terms of both end-user
    and developer friendliness. Some browser support background music and/or
    midi, but it becomes difficult to make it work in all browsers and the
    end-users tends to loose control. If you're going to put sound on a site you
    REALLY want to make sure the end-user can shut it off easily.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  3. #3

    one more question, I made movie with music in bacground. Sound is in first
    frame on scene but first frame is also beginning of presentation so when I
    click on button to go from frame 25 to frame 1 it play sound over the first
    (which start with presentatiom). So any time I go back to first frame he
    plays again. So after 5-6 comeback to first frame I hear multiple sound. How
    to avoid this

    z Guest

  4. #4

    If i added background music in my web page. How i take it
    off so that i can make the file smaller. Thanks
    Jon Guest

  5. #5

    Just remove the background sound file name from the background sound option.
    Location of which differs by version which you didn't specify.

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "Jon" <jon12carmsn.com> wrote in message
    > If i added background music in my web page. How i take it
    > off so that i can make the file smaller. Thanks

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  6. #6

    Depending on what format your music is in you may be able to convert it to a
    smaller sized format.

    I have 3 music files on my webpage. One plays while the page is loading -
    that's a .wav file and is the biggest in size. I also have a midi and an mp3
    music on my pages as well and the mp3 is definitely the smallest in size.

    Rose
    [url]http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html[/url]
    "How did I ever get talked into this?"
    Rose Guest

  7. #7

    Add and action to frame (25) using the stop sound. That way the music will
    stop and start up again in frame (1).

    Hope this helps

    Ken Lasher
    AniMEDIA, INC.
    [url]http://www.animedia.com[/url]
    [email]klasheranimedia.com[/email]

    "z" <zradosinet.hr> wrote in message news:bnm63l$nao$1sunce.iskon.hr...
    > one more question, I made movie with music in bacground. Sound is in first
    > frame on scene but first frame is also beginning of presentation so when
    > click on button to go from frame 25 to frame 1 it play sound over the
    first
    > (which start with presentatiom). So any time I go back to first frame he
    > plays again. So after 5-6 comeback to first frame I hear multiple sound.
    How
    > to avoid this

    Ken Guest

  8. #8

    I know this is a pretty dumb problem, but I can' t seem to get my background
    music to play continously through a presentation.
    With changing movies I want to keep a continous background music. When the
    presentation changes to the next movie, the music stops, What should I do
    Thanks a billion

    Final-Cuts Guest

  9. #9

    Make sure you have the Loop property on in your properties window while
    selecting your sound cast member.

    --
    ='o'= Arturo ='o'=
    [url]www.miltonfrank.tv[/url]

    "Final-Cuts" <stevefinal-cuts.de> escribió en el mensaje
    > I know this is a pretty dumb problem, but I can' t seem to get my
    background
    > music to play continously through a presentation.
    > With changing movies I want to keep a continous background music. When
    the
    > presentation changes to the next movie, the music stops, What should I do
    > Thanks a billion

    Arturo Toledo Guest