Can you use "System Restore" to a previous date?

"Mary RK" <maryrk1962> wrote in message
> Husban is ED. I deleted his money files. (yeah &
> emptied recycled bin too) Files are somewhere on hard
> drive but can't access them. Found undelete software for
> $30. but how can I do it From Windows XP? Frustrating &
> don't want to mess up anything else. "Recover" from suport
> doesn't work.
> Thanks Mary :(