you could also try body { margin : 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding:0px; } or body { margin : 0px; padding:0px; } as a shorthand method. This will take care of the margins in IE4+ and NN6. To take care of NN4x, you will need to use MODIFY | Page Properties... and set the two right hand margin fields (marginwidth and marginheight) to 0. -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes ================== "guruinthemaking" wrote in message news:bepgfo$t4q$1@forums.macromedia.com...[quote] > Hi: > I'm new to Dreamweaver and am having a really hard time inserting my[/quote] banner JPEG into my layout. Even if I insert a table or frame or table within a frame and insert image and align to 'top', the image, when viewed in IE has space around it. Also, when returning to Dreamweaver, the image sometimes is pushed up into my window where I can only see the bottom portion of the banner?? There are no scroll bars on Dreamweaver's window? My banner is about 730 x 150 pixels...[quote] > Also, there are sometimes that I can't adjust a frame's dimensions. I use[/quote] a Mac, but I grab the frame that I want to change, and I can't. Aren't you suppose to be able to do this? I am totally new to the webdesign interface, but am sooooo frustrated with just trying to 'get started'![quote] > I appreciate any and all responses as I've had my head in many, many books[/quote] and websites and can't find 'the fix' for my banner insertion problem![quote] > > Thanks > guruinthemaking > >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Murray *TMM* [ip] => forums@HAHAgrea [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Banners not aligning properly? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Banners not aligning properly? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi: I'm new to Dreamweaver and am having a really hard time inserting my banner JPEG into my layout. Even if I insert a table or frame or table within a frame and insert image and align to 'top', the image, when viewed in IE has space around it. Also, when returning to Dreamweaver, the image sometimes is pushed up into my window where I can only see the bottom portion of the banner?? There are no scroll bars on Dreamweaver's window? My banner is about 730 x 150 pixels... Also, there are sometimes that I can't adjust a frame's ...

Default Banners not aligning properly?

Hi:
    I'm new to Dreamweaver and am having a really hard time inserting my banner JPEG into my layout. Even if I insert a table or frame or table within a frame and insert image and align to 'top', the image, when viewed in IE has space around it. Also, when returning to Dreamweaver, the image sometimes is pushed up into my window where I can only see the bottom portion of the banner?? There are no scroll bars on Dreamweaver's window? My banner is about 730 x 150 pixels...
    Also, there are sometimes that I can't adjust a frame's dimensions. I use a Mac, but I grab the frame that I want to change, and I can't. Aren't you suppose to be able to do this? I am totally new to the webdesign interface, but am sooooo frustrated with just trying to 'get started'!
    I appreciate any and all responses as I've had my head in many, many books and websites and can't find 'the fix' for my banner insertion problem!

Thanks
    guruinthemaking

guruinthemaking webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Default Re: Banners not aligning properly?

Make sure you are managing the page margins properly -

Link to an external stylesheet (using DW's CSS editor), or embed a
    stylesheet in your code (between <head> and </head>) with the following
    style in it (embedded shown for cut-n-paste convenience) (assuming you want
    zero margins) -

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body { margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left:
    0px; padding:0px; }
    -->
    </style>

you could also try

body { margin : 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding:0px; }

or

body { margin : 0px; padding:0px; }

as a shorthand method.

This will take care of the margins in IE4+ and NN6. To take care of NN4x,
    you will need to use MODIFY | Page Properties... and set the two right hand
    margin fields (marginwidth and marginheight) to 0.

--
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    ==================
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    ANSWERS
    ==================
    [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    ==================

"guruinthemaking" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:bepgfo$t4q$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > Hi:
    > I'm new to Dreamweaver and am having a really hard time inserting my
    banner JPEG into my layout. Even if I insert a table or frame or table
    within a frame and insert image and align to 'top', the image, when viewed
    in IE has space around it. Also, when returning to Dreamweaver, the image
    sometimes is pushed up into my window where I can only see the bottom
    portion of the banner?? There are no scroll bars on Dreamweaver's window?
    My banner is about 730 x 150 pixels...
    > Also, there are sometimes that I can't adjust a frame's dimensions. I use
    a Mac, but I grab the frame that I want to change, and I can't. Aren't you
    suppose to be able to do this? I am totally new to the webdesign interface,
    but am sooooo frustrated with just trying to 'get started'!
    > I appreciate any and all responses as I've had my head in many, many books
    and websites and can't find 'the fix' for my banner insertion problem!
    >
    > Thanks
    > guruinthemaking
    >
    >

Murray *TMM* Guest

Default Re: Banners not aligning properly?

Murray, you are AWESOME!!
    I can't believe I finally overcame that hurdle!! Thank you soo much for helping even, 'the beginners!'
    Now I can start getting serious about working with my web page!
    Thanks,
    guruinthemaking :)

guruinthemaking webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest