Professional Web Applications Themes

Basic Toolbar Question - Windows XP/2000/ME

I am having the hardest time getting my toolbars menu to pop down without shadowing, does anyone know how to do that? Currently, when I click on File, edit, view, etc and the menu scrolls down, my options are shaded (or watermarked), and it is hard to read, especially in a program that I am not entirely familiar with. I cannot seem to get rid of this option through the window's help menus, and would love it if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks,...

  1. #1

    Default Basic Toolbar Question

    I am having the hardest time getting my toolbars menu to
    pop down without shadowing, does anyone know how to do
    that? Currently, when I click on File, edit, view, etc
    and the menu scrolls down, my options are shaded (or
    watermarked), and it is hard to read, especially in a
    program that I am not entirely familiar with. I cannot
    seem to get rid of this option through the window's help
    menus, and would love it if someone could point me in the
    right direction!
    Thanks,
    Melissa Bowley Guest

  2. #2

    toolbars do NOT "shadow" once you open a file or folder
    to work on.
    Jake Guest

  3. #3

    My OS is WIndows XP, and this is occurring with EVERY
    program, not one in particular. When I say Toolbar, I
    mean the toolbar that appears at the top of almost every
    program (besides gaming progs) you use, Office,
    Photoshop, QuarkXpress, etc. WHen you click on any given
    program on my computer, then hit File to (for example)
    open or save or print a doent, it makes the popdown
    file appear shadowed, or semi-transparent - whatever you
    wish to call it - so that it is hard to read.
    Does this make a little more sense?
    Melissa Bowley Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Basic Toolbar Question

    "Melissa Bowley" <mbowleysympatico.ca> wrote in message

> [...]

    If you have an NVIDIA video card and downloaded the latest driver, 4.4.0.3,
    there is an option in the nView properties under the Effects tab to change
    this. To get to the nView properties, right click on the desktop and select
    it from the menu.

    Please post back if this is not the case.

    Mike

    Mike Bynum Guest

  5. #5

    Default Thank You Mike!

    Mike, thank you so much for your help - it worked!
    Melissa
    Melissa Bowley Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Thank You Mike!

    > Mike, thank you so much for your help - it worked!
    > Melissa
    Melissa,

    You are welcome. Thanks for posting back to let the group know how it turned
    out.

    Mike

    Mike Bynum Guest