Professional Web Applications Themes

Batch Process - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I am running Photoshop 6.0 on Windows XP ... I need to write a batch process/action which places a logo at the bottom of an image ... I would like for it to be at the same spot no matter what the size of the image is ... Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?...

  1. #1

    Default Batch Process

    I am running Photoshop 6.0 on Windows XP ... I need to write a batch process/action which places a logo at the bottom of an image ... I would like for it to be at the same spot no matter what the size of the image is ... Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?
    Enzo Fiorello Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Batch Process

    The logo is a graphic ... Does that make a difference?
    Enzo Fiorello Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, because you will have to use the clipboard, which makes batching difficult, but if you just want to do it one at a time, it's equally easy.

    Put your graphic in clipboard, then have your action record: Paste; and then include the alignment steps above.

    If you were to batch this, you'd have to just make sure that your desired graphic was in clipboard before running the batch.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you SO much Tony! Your advice was priceless! :)
    Enzo Fiorello Guest

  5. #5

    <bowing> Glad I could help Enzo!
    YrbkMgr Guest

  6. #6

    Hello, my name is Jan and I just joined this form to hopefully get help with several problem. As I was searching, I found this "Batch Process" question which caught my attention. Although it is not the batch problem I have, I kept reading. Anyway, my situation is this - I'm using a Canon D-60 that has a color profile of sRGB and I'm converting these images to "Adobe RGB 1998" one at a time. Is there a way to batch convert a whole directory in stead of doing each image separately?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, Jan
    Mr. Jan Doddy Guest

  7. #7

    Jan,

    In short, yes, you can do it easily. Goes like this:

    Open any image file so that you can record the following:

    Image|Mode|Convert (or Assign - your call). You're done. Stop recording.

    Next you File|Automate|Batch. Action = Covert/Assign Profile action that you created above.

    Source=Folder; Destination=whatever folder you want them to go to; Optionally choose a naming convention, leave the checkbox for Override Save As informtion unchecked.

    Hit GO, go get coffee.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  9. #9

    Tony, I've set up the action as you stated, however, when I go to do the batch, and do "Source = Folder", left the "Destination" alone, and hit OK, I get a "No folder selected" message. How do I get this to do a whole directory?
    Here is the rundown - I opened an image from a directory, which I had to convert to open, went to Actions, created "Convert Profile1" action,
    Image-> Mode-> Convert to Profile-> choose "Working RGB Adobe RGB 1998" in the "destination". Stopped the recording. Then I did the File->Automate->Batch. In the Play Action, my "Convert Profile1" is there. In the Sourse box, I choose "Folder". In the Destination box, I choose "Save and Close". When I hit OK, I get the message - "no files selected"
    What am I doing wrong?
    Your help is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jan
    Mr. Jan Doddy Guest

  10. #10

    In Source you choose folder, then click the Choose button to select the folder of files upon which to perform the action.

    In Destination, choose FOLDER, then click the Choose... button and navigate to the desired destination - that's it.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  11. #11

    Acrobat Professional 6.0.1
    Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3
    Dell Latitude C610/P4 1.6GHz/256MB RAM/20GB Hard Drive
    ----------
    I've got a batch process that defines the Description, Open Options and Security for a folder of MS Word files. The process finished one file and choked. I was able to run it interactively on the next file, but it stalled on the third one. In each case it stalls at the "Converting to Adobe PDF..." step. Nothing is running except Acrobat (and MS Word when Acrobat opens the files).

    My guess is that the size of the files may have something to do with the problem. The two files I was able to successfully convert using the BP were 25K and 198K. The next one is 1.56 MB, but this shouldn't matter, right?

    I'm dreading converting all of these manually. Any ideas?
    Darryl_Oliver@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Try going into the PDFMaker options and turning off the part where it tags the PDFs.
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    [email]W_T_Allenadobeforums.com[/email] wrote:
    > Try going into the PDFMaker options and turning off the part where it tags the PDFs.
    In the case of a batch process, I think the desired DOC->PDF settings
    are in the Acrobat pref.s: Edit > Preferences > General > Convert to PDF
    > Microsoft Office.
    Sid Steward
    Sid_Steward@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Actually, the Properties button in the PDFMaker (my computer calls it Adobe PDF Converter) Print dialog and the Convert to PDF prefs for Microsoft Office in Acrobat both take you to the same multi-tabbed dialog box where you can edit the settings.

    I don't see an option for turning off tags in this dialog. However, in the Acrobat prefs, there's a dialog that displays immediately after selecting the Convert to PDF prefs for Microsoft Office, and before the multi-tabbed dialog mentioned above. It has a checkbox labeled "Add bookmarks and links to Adobe PDF file," which is cleared.

    I can feel RSI beginning to set in already... :-|
    Darryl_Oliver@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    [email]Darryl_Oliveradobeforums.com[/email] wrote:
    > Actually, the Properties button in the PDFMaker (my computer calls it Adobe PDF Converter) Print dialog and the Convert to PDF prefs for Microsoft Office in Acrobat both take you to the same multi-tabbed dialog box where you can edit the settings.
    >
    > I don't see an option for turning off tags in this dialog. However, in the Acrobat prefs, there's a dialog that displays immediately after selecting the Convert to PDF prefs for Microsoft Office, and before the multi-tabbed dialog mentioned above. It has a checkbox labeled "Add bookmarks and links to Adobe PDF file," which is cleared.
    >
    > I can feel RSI beginning to set in already... :-|
    In Acrobat 6, look for an option described: "Enable Accessibility &
    Reflow" or "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with Tagged PDF" and
    un-check it.

    Tagging slows down PDF creation and creates bloated PDF besides.