Professional Web Applications Themes

Batch process failure - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I have created multiple actions and run multiple batch processes without a single hitch. Then the other day, my process kept pooping out 1/3 of the way through my 900 gifs. Here what I am doing: I have 907 logos/mascots in gif format of varying dimensions large and small. I am converting them all to 100x100px thumbnails. I first resize the doent to 100px high restraining the proportion. Then I have the action pause to crop the other side to 100px. Then I go through 'Save for Web' to output the new gif to a new folder. Then the originan ...

  1. #1

    Default Batch process failure

    I have created multiple actions and run multiple batch processes without a single hitch. Then the other day, my process kept pooping out 1/3 of the way through my 900 gifs. Here what I am doing:

    I have 907 logos/mascots in gif format of varying dimensions large and small. I am converting them all to 100x100px thumbnails. I first resize the doent to 100px high restraining the proportion. Then I have the action pause to crop the other side to 100px. Then I go through 'Save for Web' to output the new gif to a new folder. Then the originan is closed without saving. This is all in the action.

    Like I said all goes fine for the first 300 images. Then suddenly Photoshop hangs, then it stops and I get no error message or anything. At first I didn't even know what was happening.

    I have searched googles groups and this Adobe support forum for answers. I have found several people posting similar experiences to mine with varying degrees of weirdness. But none of those posts have received solutions. So I'm adding mine to the pile and maybe this time someone will have some new tidbit.

    tom
    tomd@prolooksports.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Batch process failure

    Then suddenly Photoshop hangs, then it stops and I get no error message
    or anything

    So it just does nothing? It stops processing and no HD light going on? Ctrl-Alt-Del indicates that it has stopped repsonding?

    My batches are run at between 100 and 250 images, so I can't say that I've ran that many. Hmmm... are you using a droplet or are you using the batch dialog? Whichever one, what happens if you use the other?

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  3. #3

    In article <1de9d87f.-1WebX.la2eafNXanI>,
    [email]tomdprolooksports.com[/email] <tomdprolooksports.com> wrote:
    > I have created multiple actions and run multiple batch processes without a
    > single hitch. Then the other day, my process kept pooping out 1/3 of the way
    > through my 900 gifs. Here what I am doing:
    >
    > I have 907 logos/mascots in gif format of varying dimensions large and small.
    > I am converting them all to 100x100px thumbnails. I first resize the doent
    > to 100px high restraining the proportion. Then I have the action pause to
    > crop the other side to 100px. Then I go through 'Save for Web' to output the
    > new gif to a new folder. Then the originan is closed without saving. This is
    > all in the action.
    >
    > Like I said all goes fine for the first 300 images. Then suddenly Photoshop
    > hangs, then it stops and I get no error message or anything. At first I
    > didn't even know what was happening.
    >
    > I have searched googles groups and this Adobe support forum for answers. I
    > have found several people posting similar experiences to mine with varying
    > degrees of weirdness. But none of those posts have received solutions. So I'm
    > adding mine to the pile and maybe this time someone will have some new
    > tidbit.
    >
    > tom

    Can you tell exactly which image it is stopping on? What happens if you
    just run the batch on a few images (including that one)? I'm wondering
    if there's something special about that particular image...

    Also, are you dragging multiple files onto a droplet? There's an Windows
    OS limitation on how many files you can drag in a single operation onto
    another application (a droplet is actually a tiny application). The
    workaround is to put them all in a folder and drag the folder onto the
    droplet... but I don't know if that is your problem.

    --
    Tim Gogolin
    tgogolin Guest