Professional Web Applications Themes

Batch Process Problem - Macromedia Fireworks

Hello All, I'm trying to run a batch process and at the end the "batch" button is now enabled. 1st I select the files, then I selected export and scale, then when I get to saving files I choose same location and backups (I've tried every other setting) and at the bottom only the back and cancel buttons are available. Is there an error in the software or is the error mine? Thanks for your time and assistance. Mr. Benrud...

  1. #1

    Default Batch Process Problem

    Hello All,

    I'm trying to run a batch process and at the end the "batch" button is now
    enabled. 1st I select the files, then I selected export and scale, then when
    I get to saving files I choose same location and backups (I've tried every
    other setting) and at the bottom only the back and cancel buttons are
    available. Is there an error in the software or is the error mine?

    Thanks for your time and assistance.

    Mr. Benrud

    Todd Benrud Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Batch Process Problem

    Not just you. I get the same thing. Have you tried to just save it as a
    script and run it?

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Todd Benrud" <toddbenrudhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I'm trying to run a batch process and at the end the "batch" button is now
    > enabled. 1st I select the files, then I selected export and scale, then
    when
    > I get to saving files I choose same location and backups (I've tried every
    > other setting) and at the bottom only the back and cancel buttons are
    > available. Is there an error in the software or is the error mine?
    >
    > Thanks for your time and assistance.
    >
    > Mr. Benrud

    Sam Poikail Guest

  3. #3

    Sam,

    No. Can you please give me a little more info on running scripts. I only use
    the FW tools and panels. I've never run a batch or a script and rarely use
    commands. Any additional info/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

    Have a great day and thanks for your time and help.

    Todd

    "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Not just you. I get the same thing. Have you tried to just save it as a
    > script and run it?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Sam
    >
    > "Todd Benrud" <toddbenrudhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello All,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to run a batch process and at the end the "batch" button is
    now
    > > enabled. 1st I select the files, then I selected export and scale, then
    > when
    > > I get to saving files I choose same location and backups (I've tried
    every
    > > other setting) and at the bottom only the back and cancel buttons are
    > > available. Is there an error in the software or is the error mine?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time and assistance.
    > >
    > > Mr. Benrud

    Todd Benrud Guest

  4. #4

    Sam,

    What I'm trying to do is convert .jpeg files from a digital camera from
    2272X1704 to 800X600 and export them as jpeg files at 80%. It looks like I'm
    going to have to know JavaScript to use scripts and I don't. Any
    suggestions?

    Thanks again,
    Todd

    "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Not just you. I get the same thing. Have you tried to just save it as a
    > script and run it?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Sam
    >
    > "Todd Benrud" <toddbenrudhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello All,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to run a batch process and at the end the "batch" button is
    now
    > > enabled. 1st I select the files, then I selected export and scale, then
    > when
    > > I get to saving files I choose same location and backups (I've tried
    every
    > > other setting) and at the bottom only the back and cancel buttons are
    > > available. Is there an error in the software or is the error mine?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time and assistance.
    > >
    > > Mr. Benrud

    Todd Benrud Guest

  5. #5

    In Fireworks you can tell it to save your batch command as a script.

    Then under the Commands section of the menu you will see an option for
    run scripts. You take that menu option and it will browse to your
    script file you just saved.

    Conjurer Guest

  6. #6

    Conjurer,

    Thanks for the tip. It worked perfectly! Do you know why it will not work in
    the "batch process" option? Should I uninstall FW and reinstall it? Well,
    thanks again for your time and assistance.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    Todd

    "Conjurer" <magicremovethismind.net> wrote in message
    > In Fireworks you can tell it to save your batch command as a script.
    >
    > Then under the Commands section of the menu you will see an option for
    > run scripts. You take that menu option and it will browse to your
    > script file you just saved.

    Todd Benrud Guest

  7. #7

    Todd Benrud wrote:
    > Conjurer,
    >
    > Thanks for the tip. It worked perfectly! Do you know why it will not work in
    > the "batch process" option? Should I uninstall FW and reinstall it? Well,
    > thanks again for your time and assistance.
    >
    > Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    >
    > Todd
    >

    > "Conjurer" <magicremovethismind.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>In Fireworks you can tell it to save your batch command as a script.
    >>
    >>Then under the Commands section of the menu you will see an option for
    >>run scripts. You take that menu option and it will browse to your
    >>script file you just saved.

    Did you see my other post?

    I think you just have to of selected your photos in step 1.

    Conjurer Guest

  8. #8

    I too have a problem with batch processing photos. Even when I save a
    script and try to run the script the "batch" button is usually dithered out.
    Once in a while it will work but most of the time it won't. It is very
    difficult to batch process - I am ready to toss this program in the trash.
    It is an obvious bug with apparently no support or patch available. I have
    just the basic install with no extensions added.

    For what they charge for this program you would *think* there would be a
    patch for this.

    > Todd
    >
    > I think your problem is in the first screen of the batch process. You
    > have to select the photos you want the batch to work on. If I don't
    > select a photo then at the end of the process I don't get the "batch"
    > button which is really the "go" button.
    >
    > Try setting up the batch by first adding some photos in that first screen.
    >
    > HTH

    Iceman Guest

  9. #9

    Every time I go to set up a BP the "Batch" button is always disabled. Any
    Idea why? I followed the help files.

    Dave

    david.franklin Guest

  10. #10

    Sorry, I had "export" at the top of the list then resize. Fireworks doesn't
    like that.

    "david.franklin" <net> wrote in message

    david.franklin Guest