Professional Web Applications Themes

Beginer - Macromedia Director 3D

Helle everybody. Im a beginer in the world of shockwave 3D... and director in general. I am a 3D artist who wants to start making games. My problem is that i just can not seem to get director to work for me. I feel completely lost when using it. I have a bit of experience with programming in turing / oot, if that is any help. I want to make some realistic games such as car racing games and skiing games. I have got havok for 3d max and have figurued out most of it in max. Now the question: ...

  1. #1

    Default Beginer

    Helle everybody.

    Im a beginer in the world of shockwave 3D... and director in general. I am a
    3D artist who wants to start making games. My problem is that i just can not
    seem to get director to work for me. I feel completely lost when using it. I
    have a bit of experience with programming in turing / oot, if that is any
    help. I want to make some realistic games such as car racing games and
    skiing games. I have got havok for 3d max and have figurued out most of it
    in max.

    Now the question: Where can i find somewhere to start. Does anyone know of
    any good online tutorials for people who can make models, but dont know how
    to use director at all! I bought the book "real time interactive 3d games:
    Creating 3d games in macromedia director 8.5 shockwave studio" , but it was
    not much help. I need something that starts at the dirt basics but moves up
    quickly.

    Thanks for your time!
    -Mike

    Michael La-Anyane Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Beginer

    I haven't read it yet but a lot of people recomend 'Directors Third Dimension' -Im pretty shore its called that. Do a search In google to find out the publisher etc.
    I found the CD in a computer at UNI and made a copy. Its got some helpful stuff, it would be better with the book though.

    Bazmati webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Mike,

    Here's a link to my online Director tutorials:
    [url]http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director/[/url]

    They start with the basics and get you familiar with how to use Director. I do
    have some advanced ones, inluding Lingo technotes and shockwave 3D.

    Also check out my resources page at:
    [url]http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director/resources/[/url]
    It has links to all the best sites on the web for help and info.

    Dean

    Multimedia Lecturer and Developer
    [url]http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director[/url]
    [url]http://www.multimediacreative.com.au/[/url]

    Michael La-Anyane wrote:
    > Helle everybody.
    >
    > Im a beginer in the world of shockwave 3D... and director in general. I am a
    > 3D artist who wants to start making games. My problem is that i just can not
    > seem to get director to work for me. I feel completely lost when using it. I
    > have a bit of experience with programming in turing / oot, if that is any
    > help. I want to make some realistic games such as car racing games and
    > skiing games. I have got havok for 3d max and have figurued out most of it
    > in max.
    >
    > Now the question: Where can i find somewhere to start. Does anyone know of
    > any good online tutorials for people who can make models, but dont know how
    > to use director at all! I bought the book "real time interactive 3d games:
    > Creating 3d games in macromedia director 8.5 shockwave studio" , but it was
    > not much help. I need something that starts at the dirt basics but moves up
    > quickly.
    >
    > Thanks for your time!
    > -Mike
    Dean Utian Guest

  4. #4

    Hello,

    I've just recently started trying to design a webpage using flash. So far I've
    been able to make buttons control sound to go on and off. I can't figure out
    how to have "links" in flash and be able to show other contents of the page.
    Like I would have a Main Menu on to the side and on that I would have like,
    Home and maybe contact on it. How would I get it to make a "link" i guess to
    that stuff? Also if I'm creating a site, How do I get it to stop playing. Like
    as in I have a page going and I want another page of information on it. Where
    would I put that info and how would I link to it. But while doing that I want
    it to stop at the first part of the page. *whew* im very confused :D

    -Botamis

    Botamis Guest

  5. #5

    to stop it from playing thru the whole thing:
    Click on the first frame on the timeline
    Next go to the action panel. Click on the Actions Folder, then Movie Control
    and double click stop

    -----------
    1)Now, if you want to have your buttons link to another page (diff. url):
    on your buttons paste the following actions:
    on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.yoursite.com", "_blank");
    }
    change yoursite.com to the url
    2)But, if you want to have your buttons go to a new frame:
    on your buttons paste the following actions:
    on (release) {
    gotoAndStop(x);
    }
    change x to the frame with your content