Professional Web Applications Themes

Beginner begging for advice - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi all! Thanks to those that contribute to this forum, it's been a really big help! Here is what this raw newbie needs advice on... I'm building (trying anyway!) a personal Real Estate web site. On one page, I will have thumbnails of individual homes with a brief descritption. When a person clicks that image, I want to take them to a page (this I do know how to do) that has an enlarged photo with a more detailed text description of the ammenities placed to the right of the image. Instead of the page containing multiple images and descriptions, ...

  1. #1

    Default Beginner begging for advice

    Hi all!

    Thanks to those that contribute to this forum, it's been a really big help!

    Here is what this raw newbie needs advice on...

    I'm building (trying anyway!) a personal Real Estate web site.

    On one page, I will have thumbnails of individual homes with a brief descritption. When a person clicks that image, I want to take them to a page (this I do know how to do) that has an enlarged photo with a more detailed text description of the ammenities placed to the right of the image. Instead of the page containing multiple images and descriptions, under this image I want to put say 10 micro buttons. As each button is pushed, a new image appears in the image box and new text appears in the text box. I'm not looking to do anything fancy as far as border graphics or anything like that. Thinking slick and simple.. lol

    I have Sudio MX 2004 (overkill, I know) and think I should be doing this in Fireworks and moving it over to Dreamweaver.

    SO, my question is, what "types" of tutorials or which sections of the manuals should I be trying to figure out to make this work? I have the Fireworks MX Bible in addition to whatever is on the disk, manual wise.

    Hope that makes sense!

    Thanks in advance!

    Kerry

    Coastalwader Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Beginner begging for advice

    You might want to try the ShowPic tutorial on the ProjectSeven site. Where
    they have a gallery of thumbnails, you could have the page with "micro
    buttons". The tutorial can be found at
    http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/showpic/index.htm

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Coastalwader" <com> wrote in message
    help!
    descritption. When a person clicks that image, I want to take them to a
    page (this I do know how to do) that has an enlarged photo with a more
    detailed text description of the ammenities placed to the right of the
    image. Instead of the page containing multiple images and descriptions,
    under this image I want to put say 10 micro buttons. As each button is
    pushed, a new image appears in the image box and new text appears in the
    text box. I'm not looking to do anything fancy as far as border graphics or
    anything like that. Thinking slick and simple.. lol
    in Fireworks and moving it over to Dreamweaver.
    manuals should I be trying to figure out to make this work? I have the
    Fireworks MX Bible in addition to whatever is on the disk, manual wise.

    Sam Guest

  3. #3

    In article <bu98kt$oa7$macromedia.com>,
    "Coastalwader" com wrote:

    You want disjoint rollovers, changing the onMouseOver triggers to
    onClick.

    --
    Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
    http://www.hummingbirds.net/

  4. #4

    Thanks for the advice so far!

    Sam, that "ShowPic" tutorial might be the way I have to go. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I did. Thanks for the link!

    Lanny, in reference to the disjointed rollover, can I make two things happen.. ie, picture in one box, and text in another? I did play around with a tutorial that was very helpful on disjointed rollovers, but I wasn't sure if I could make it do more than just one change.

    Thanks again guys!

    Kerry

    Coastalwader Guest